Episode 359

Apparently, the next release will be exactly 23 years since the last time Casca appeared sane in the series. Episode 86 was also released on August 23rd according to this guy:

I think this is just a cool coincidence, i seriously doubt Miura actually did in on purpose...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I’m confused... I thought it would come out in the edition of August the 23rd?

This one will be out Aug 23, but the cover dates on Young Animal magazines are bumped up (maybe to expand their shelf life?). Pretty standard practice, but yes it's confusing.

Reactions: uhu

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Man, these YA covers make me cringe sometimes.

Unfortunately it's a cultural thing for seinen manga magazines. I guess it helps them sell issues to a certain audience who they can then introduce to the series they prepublish. Certainly not as fun as the Animal House era, but I guess there's a reason Animal House was revamped while Young Animal has been going for 25+ years.

AnimalHouseCovers.jpg

Mega super ultra spoiler text incoming

Basically this is what the episode is supposed to be about, read at your own caution

Casca has new elf armour and a sword. A short time has passed since she freaked out. She gets to know everyone a bit better and practices fighting. She tries to talk to Guts again and casually mentions Judeau, which triggers her PTSD and she freaks out again. Skull Knight watches from the distance. To be continued.

Casca has new elf armour and a sword. A short time has passed since she freaked out. She gets to know everyone a bit better and practices fighting. She tries to talk to Guts again and casually mentions Judeau, which triggers her PTSD and she freaks out again. Skull Knight watches from the distance. To be continued.

SKULLY!! :SK: :SK:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
You might be right, either this is a horrendous scan, or its actually a moprhed picture by a troll. The source for the contents of the episode is also not reliable
Can you link me the source, even on PM.

BTW, I don't particularly like the stuff in the spoiler, too much..."easy".

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
That summary checks all the boxes as far as what we were expecting. I don't mind the fact the boy's arrival isn't immediate, it's better that way in fact, gives us more time to see Casca with Guts and the group before things get really dramatic. Very nice to see Casca with short hair again too, but kind of unreal after all this time. RIP the braids. :judo:

Top Bottom