Skullkast 105 - Ruptured World (Vol 22)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Episode 105: Ruptured World (Vol 22)
(2h 22m)

Better late than never, huh? After 3 years, we are back with a jam-packed volume re-read that covers some of the series' most important scenes, including Guts and Griffith's reunion on the Hill of Swords, Guts rematch with Zodd, and the introduction of Sonia, the apostle generals, and Schierke in Shet.

Image above courtesy of @Lithrael.

============================
Use a podcast app? Try this:

Loved it! This is the only Podcast I'm actually interested in and listen to every new episode. :ganishka:

It's completely understandable why Walter might be a bit tired of the re-reads, going back and taking a shit ton of notes to explain in depth volumes that you have already read many times... :magni: So I really didn't expect you guys to continue doing them.

Also, kind of unrelated, but I completely forgot that Episode 361 comes out in about a week... is it just me or does time seem to go faster during lockdown?

I'm with you. 3 years ago was just 10 Berserk eps ago. It's nothin!
Goddammit, i love being a Berserk fan. Being a berserk fan is like having the most beautiful woman in world make sweet sugar honey love to you and then right when your about to climax, she kicks you in the balls and as she walks off she goes, ill call back.........................someday, and you know, you want her to call back!
YOU BITCH! I love you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
having the most beautiful woman in world make sweet sugar honey love to you and then right when your about to climax, she kicks you in the balls and as she walks off she goes, ill call back.........................someday

Pretty sure there's a whole fetish for this, but it's not exclusive to Berserk fans.

Speaking of fetish, jump to around 2:07:45 of this podcast for a nice little treat. :stop: :magni:

Goddammit, i love being a Berserk fan. Being a berserk fan is like having the most beautiful woman in world make sweet sugar honey love to you and then right when your about to climax, she kicks you in the balls and as she walks off she goes, ill call back.........................someday, and you know, you want her to call back!
Pretty sure there's a whole fetish for this, but it's not exclusive to Berserk fans.

Speaking of fetish, jump to around 2:07:45 of this podcast for a nice little treat. :stop: :magni:
Oh no!...Oh Yes!

Excellent podcast per usual gentlemen. It was great to hear you guys talk about the hill of swords. It's crazy how dense that scene is. I wonder if we will get a flashback of the hill of swords in the manga when the Moonlight Boy comes to Elfhelm. It would be interesting if Casca see's the boy and oddly recognizes who he is, or realizes the affection she has for him. If she remembers all the times she felt his presence in reverse order it could create a haunting and terrifying scene where she realizes that Griffith took over her son's body. E.g. remembering the feelings she had for him on the Solitary Island and the beach, then remembering having similar feelings towards Griffith at the hill of swords and post-incarnation at the tower of conviction (obviously because Femto took her son's body). You guys have mentioned it before, many times, one of the worst things Femto did to Casca was corrupt her child and then take the child's body for his own. This realization is going to be horrifying for Casca and Guts, but like you guys said will be the thing that unites Casca and Guts, and will allow them to push past this trauma.

A bit late, but wanted to say that I really enjoyed the episode. I listened to it over the span of a couple days when I was on my way to uni and work.

It's very interesting to hear your guys insight on this and upcoming sections of the story, since you followed the series episodically.

F. e. That the arc initially started with the Serpico&Farnese story was unknown to me.

Looking forward to future re-reads, especially for volume 24.

Top Bottom