SkullKast 106 - Snow and Flames (Vol 22-2)

Atocas

Voice in the Void
Listened to this one during a run and almost passed out because of the heat, but other than that this episode was another super interesting one. Really liked all the behind-the-scenes talk about the characters this time and Miura's weirdly funny comments on them.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Yeh I know I know :serpico:. I do wonder if he survived fantasia after all. But thats a story for another time.

This part of Volume 22 is without a doubt, my favorite backstory in Berserk (If we don't count the Golden Age Arc of course).

It's just so dense... Every little panel tells a story and Miura manages to do SO much with just 2 episodes. I just love reading it every time I re-read Vol. 22, and your analysis helped me understand it much better.

Great episode!:ubik:

Thank you for another great episode!

it was already mentioned it in the podcast, but it never ceases to amaze me how much Miura can tell in just an episode or two.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
EcBw-lLU8AEwRiv

I made a little fanart based on something we spoke about during the SkullKast. Thanks for having me on, it was great talking about the dynamic duo. :serpico: :farnese:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Fantastic, and that's actually what Serpico would look like on The Simpsons too!

The last 2 episodes have been incredible guys. I dont say that lightly, as a podcaster myself I'm so impressed with the depth and presentation. Glad to hear all 4 of you on this one, always happy when Grail pops in, especially for some Farney love. Always appreciate your effort and execution. Keep crushing guys

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The last 2 episodes have been incredible guys. I dont say that lightly, as a podcaster myself I'm so impressed with the depth and presentation. Glad to hear all 4 of you on this one, always happy when Grail pops in, especially for some Farney love. Always appreciate your effort and execution. Keep crushing guys
Aw, thanks! I felt it was a little choppy around the transition from discussion back to the page description. I always struggle with that, and that was in my hands this time.

Aw, thanks! I felt it was a little choppy around the transition from discussion back to the page description. I always struggle with that, and that was in my hands this time.

Not at all, you guys have that rare hybrid of conversational and super analytical. Like 4 friends who know a lot on many levels on a really deep subject.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks man, glad you liked it!

I believe i said this on a podcast before but ill say it again because i truly mean in, the worst thing about being a Berserk fan, is that i only get a new podcast from you guys only so often, and yet your conversations are far more engaging and funny than dozens upon dozens of "professional" podcast out there.

P.S. For better or worse, you guys were the reason why i came out of an almost decade long deep depression, stagnation period of my life, and started drawing again, please keep at it fuckers!

Last edited:
A very cool listen!

I really enjoyed the commentary and insight on where Miura took inspiration for Farnese and Serpico.

I’ve been listening to older ones you guys did from 2016 onward. Around when I discovered the series for myself.

Is there a podcast where you discuss where he took inspiration for Isidro?

Slightly unrelated question but what is that little intro that plays at the start of each podcast from? It sounds like official Berserk music. The main instrument kind of sounds like it could be a bag pipe.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a podcast where you discuss where he took inspiration for Isidro?
Episode 31 is on Schierke and Isidro, but Miura addressed Isidro’s creation directly in the guidebook interview, which came out after that podcast. So if that’s what you’re after you should just check that out.

Slightly unrelated question but what is that little intro that plays at the start of each podcast from? It sounds like official Berserk music. The main instrument kind of sounds like it could be a bag pipe.

Sure thing:

Thanks! The intro is an original track made by @nomad back in 2012, designed to sound like a Susumu Hirasawa track.

Top Bottom