Has Miura ever suffered from depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask this question because I just read on an Italian site (I'm Italian) that Miura suffers from depression. Precisely between volumes 32 and 33 it is said that he even attempted suicide. On the Internet I find no confirmation, do you know something? Or is it a fake news?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
it is said

By rumormongers. There is no evidence of such a thing. And how would that even be sourced, anyway? Think about it...

Miura has often expressed how lonely his life as a mangaka is, through comments in Young Animal (2002: "0 received calls for 2 years. I'll cancel my mobile phone subscription. My poor relationships are the driving force to keep me sitting at the desk." ), and in this webcomic from the late '90s. But asserting something like a suicide attempt without any evidence, all you're doing is making his life sound worse than it really is.

Yes, I also knew that he was quite alone and that he had to leave his friends to become a mangaka. In fact, he also said that Band of the Falcon was inspired by the group of friends he had before he started his mangaka life. However, I asked for safety because I also had doubts. Thank you!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I also knew that he was quite alone and that he had to leave his friends to become a mangaka. In fact, he also said that Band of the Falcon was inspired by the group of friends he had before he started his mangaka life.

That's not true. Being a mangaka was his dream and is his life's work. And at least two of his friends from school are also mangaka published by Hakusensha. And they're still friends. You should really be more careful not to propagate false information without a clear source. It can do real damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom