Mule Kinda Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for the four people who like this character but he's about as close to a background character as you can get.

He's even more a pointless existence than Magnifican't!

He barely does anything but wat his finger at Sonia that one time, and stopping her from cock blocking the princess/queen for the second time.

I barely remember him and I feel like other than the fact that Sonia needed someone to talk to to outwardly voice some of her thoughts he kinda doesn't do anything.

We don't even get to see him fight anybody outside that loser ex-pirate crew full of inept old men who couldn't handle a box of papers, let alone children.

All I'm saying is that until we see what he's capable of, Mule (ha, his name is incredibly unfortunate) he's trash-tier.

He's about as "pointless" as a character like Corkas. He's there to provide an everyman's perspective among the nobility of the actions within Griffith's ranks, so that the story of Griffith's rise to power isn't just told through the view of inhumans and legendary warriors.
But don't we kinda have everything single nobleman for that? Laban? Or Owen? I dunno. I just don't think he does enough.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But don't we kinda have everything single nobleman for that? Laban? Or Owen? I dunno. I just don't think he does enough

Well it'd be pretty boring if the story expanded but added no new perspectives. Besides, Owen and Raban are well established, important nobles who were very close to the throne, already familiar with Griffith, and were instrumental in the 100 years war. Mule is by comparison an outsider at his introduction—the ruler of a distant farming fief. That's what I think makes his fresh perspective more interesting and important, since Griffith himself gives us zero perspective. Mule's viewpoint shares how Griffith must have seemed to all the outlying armies that ultimately allied with him by the end of MF. I think this is all established pretty well in volume 23, the same volume he's introduced in.

I could be mistaken, but it sounds like you'd prefer him to be more formidable. Start sparring with Zodd or Locus. But that's just not his role. He's there as a perspective for "average" humans who have become enraptured and intertwined with Griffith. You can argue that you don't like him, but he does serve a purpose.

I appreciate the question though, as I was basically able to do my notes for the first part of the next podcast in answering it :guts:

Well it'd be pretty boring if the story expanded but added no new perspectives. Besides, Owen and Raban are well established, important nobles who were very close to the throne, already familiar with Griffith, and were instrumental in the 100 years war. Mule is by comparison an outsider at his introduction—the ruler of a distant farming fief. That's what I think makes his fresh perspective more interesting and important, since Griffith himself gives us zero perspective. Mule's viewpoint shares how Griffith must have seemed to all the outlying armies that ultimately allied with him by the end of MF. I think this is all established pretty well in volume 23, the same volume he's introduced in.

I could be mistaken, but it sounds like you'd prefer him to be more formidable. Start sparring with Zodd or Locus. But that's just not his role. He's there as a perspective for "average" humans who have become enraptured and intertwined with Griffith. You can argue that you don't like him, but he does serve a purpose.

I appreciate the question though, as I was basically able to do my notes for the first part of the next podcast in answering it :guts:
Oof, I gotta listen to that right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom