Takehiko Inoue Vagabond Original Sketches

I just wanted to share 2 original art pieces I own out of my small collection of manga reproduction art prints. The only originals I own happen to be from Vagabond. While there is no way for me to validate if these are indeed original sketches I'd like to think most Japanese sellers are above selling fakes. I got both of them from the same seller off of Mercari Japan. The seller said one was drawn as a display item for a bookstore in Sapporo, Japan while the second one was let go when the restaurant that owned it closed because of the corona virus.

Both of them seem like re-drawn panels... They don't look original to me

Unfortunately there are plenty of scammers from Japan as well, and there is one guy who does the same with trying to sell fake Miura shikishi.

7197be9c7fe0c523b1862e2623f03024.jpg

Unfortunately there are plenty of scammers from Japan as well, and there is one guy who does the same with trying to sell fake Miura shikishi.

I also thought that drawing seemed familiar. Usually original drawings that circulate from mangaka are original drawings exclusive for promotions and are usually less sharpened than an official manga released panel would be. I don’t see him redrawing an actual panel almost to the t, much less providing an actual panel from the manga. I’m sorry, I hope you didn’t overpay for these.

You are allowed to believe what you want just as I do.

You are allowed to believe what you want just as I do.
It's fine if you believe it, but as a long term Inoue and Vagabond fan im 99% sure that Inoue would not only re-draw a panel of his, but also sell it. It's best to learn from the experience and to make sure to no pay these scammers money that they don't deserve.

Top Bottom