Recent content by ApostleBob

1. ApostleBob

Akira Toriyama passes away at age 68

Rest in Peace. Let us not take our time for granted.
  2. ApostleBob

What's your game(s) of the year

Game of the Year is easily Balder's Gate 3, the definition of a game made with love. It is so full of detail, impactful choices, alternate ways to play, of interesting characters, that I will probably be playing it for the coming years. It also gets D&D mechanics and world-building down...
  3. ApostleBob

New interview with Mori about Miura, Berserk and more

Maybe this is all setup. Guts learns the lesson that he doesn't need his giant sword after all, because he'll defeat Griffith with the power of friendship. :troll:
  4. ApostleBob

It's been embarrassing to see Guts go through this arc. Of course, I'm being cheeky in my phrasing, but do you disagree that Mori and Studio Gaga have represented Guts falling into depression because of his inability to hurt Griffith with his sword? Or are you just embarrassed that this is the...
  5. ApostleBob

My takeaway from what Mori and crew presented is that Guts has been solely focused on becoming the best swordsman in the world in order to defeat his nemesis, and his encounter on the island has proven that Griffith is sword-proof. So it's broken his faith in his abilities, and he's wasted his...
  6. ApostleBob

If I'm being hopeful, I hope the story starts taking some interesting turns and isn't just a perfunctory drive towards Falconia with regular boss fights. Maybe Guts can grow in the Bakiraka fortress. Maybe he can undergo some additional training with the Tapasa and Silat, and his gear can be...
  7. ApostleBob

Maps of Berserk

I wonder if Miura ever had his own map of the world of Berserk for his reference or if he avoided it so that he had more freedom to create. Too bad Mori and crew are already taking liberties with geography. It seems like we won't ever really have anything official.
  8. ApostleBob

Episode 375

This sums it up. I can quibble about paneling and continuity in the new art, but they've done admirably considering who they are following. The main issue is the story and the dialogue. It might be the broad strokes of what Miura intended, but the specifics aren't well thought out or consistent...
  9. ApostleBob

Episode 375

It's a Roman, then Christian, then Muslim Holy site. Istanbul has had real estate changes over the years.
  10. ApostleBob

Episode 375

So I just got a chance to look through it, though the current translations are abysmal, so I will give some benefit of the doubt regarding dialogue. First what little praise I can give. Studio Gaga are clearly talented artists. The amount of detail is commendable, and individual panels look...
  11. ApostleBob

Episode 375

I think at this point it's safe to assume that Mori and Studio Gaga are less familiar with the series than this Forum community. You would have thought that they'd re-read the series a few times before embarking on this, to brush up on key details in order to deliver earned payoffs. The art...
  12. ApostleBob

Episode 375

Silly predictions: Guts will cry about his sword. The unleashed beast might make Guts randomly kill a bunch of Kushans or even prompt a rematch with Silat (because that's the series now). I'd love a two-page spread of Rickert slapping Guts out of his funk. Serpico, Isidro, and Scheirke will...
  13. ApostleBob

Summary of new information from Mori's interviews about volume 42

Thanks for putting this together Aaz. It seems like he's aware of some of the risks and shortcomings of this approach. I wish he had more input on the dialogue.
  14. ApostleBob

Volume 42 release

I wish it were Elden Ring gold...
  15. ApostleBob

Volume 42 release

This cover should have been Guts crying over his sword.
Top Bottom