Recent content by asic

1. asic

Scenes in Berserk that tug at your heartstrings

So many great examples! Not very specific sorry. Guess its time for another read but there are so many moments when Guts is alone even when he is surrounded by friends. Miura was so great at showing that loneliness or him never really fitting in. Only using subtle body language and facial...
  2. asic

Episode 373

The Beast of Sadness has come for me through my kitchen knife. :( 372 was kinda promising and now we are back to this shit.
  3. asic

Berserk Redux: A Fanedit of the Golden Age and the '97 anime

I am watching it now from chapter 1 and its amazing how much work you did, thanks a lot. :casca:
  4. asic

Episode 372

I believe they are trying and are not disrespecting Miuras work intentionally. With time and practice the art should should steadily improve. As for the characters and pacing I have way less hope but maybe that slowly improves as well. I thought they were Miuras friends and unless they are...
  5. asic

Episode 372

I am still sort of excited for new episodes despite the obvious issues. Some of Miuras work is still in the continuation, however small that might be. They have had a long break now and I really hope that is due to them giving more time, understanding and respect to Berserk.
  6. asic

Episode 371

Is the Beast of Darkness able to function if Guts hate himself? Can it be fueled by self loathing? That can be just as intense as hating someone and very destructive. If that is the case I am more inclined to believe the beast could be there. :shrug: The art was okay, the faces are mangled but...
  7. asic

Episode 368

The problems continue and I gotta agree with Aazealh that Skullknight is an imposter. That kinda bummed me out. Again I am confused about how this continuation is being handled, but its not all bad.* I kinda liked Guts reaction though (bad art aside), he appears to be broken in that moment...
  8. asic

SkullKast 132: Vanishing Cherry Blossoms (Ep. 367)

I think you guys nailed it with the logic, sequencing and panelling being confusing and poorly directed, especially the action scenes. Even if the Berserk crew are in over their heads I would expect those fundamental pillars of story telling and continuity to be a lot better. If they are that...
  9. asic

Adventures in YouTube

Made my contribution to the Guts theme meme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0oL6Tyq4aM&ab_channel=asic
  10. asic

Episode 367

Oh jeeesus here we go again. Will Casca be taken to Falconia? If so I dont think she would be kept as a prisoner. If Griffith have to keep her alive I can see she might be allowed to roam "free". She might also feel she has to stay due to her child. That could give us a closer look inside of...
  11. asic

Episode 367

Regardless of the quality there is still some Miura left in the pages in terms of story and the world/characters he created. I think that is worth a little excitement even though the team can never live up to his genius. I have no idea what direction they will take it in from here: Play it...
  12. asic

SkullKast 131: Eye of the Maelstrom (Ep. 365-366)

Great episode as always. As you mentioned there is not a lot of episodes left. Is it time for Zodd to go? Perhaps that is the big finale, Guts yells to everyone to back off and they duel. Seems very unlikely though, he might as well just fly away with Femto. I just hope this ends with Casca...
  13. asic

Question about Guts armor

Okay good to know thanks hah yes some things are left to the imagination (also called hiding stuff behind other objects and never explaining it :P).
  14. asic

Question about Guts armor

Hey, I am working on a game/UE5 version of Guts from Volume 14-17 but mainly the latter after he gets the upgrade from Godot. I just have a few things I am uncertain about. Its pretty trivial stuff but accuracy matters. Perhaps someone here can help me figure out how these butt flaps function...
  15. asic

Episodes 365 & 366

The art is a mixed bag in these episodes. Page 8 and 14 in 365 are not matching the art of the other pages very well, just kinda sloppy execution. Especially page 14. Similar in 366 the first page and the last have some odd things going on. Zodds lower body half is not drawn out and it just...
Top Bottom