Recent content by BloodyPommelStudios

1. B

Episode 359

Sure having cool designs comes first but if I'm correct about his inspiration I can't imagine Miura would have missed the connection. I agree they don't NEED this parallel but it would still be a nice hidden detail. After looking at Celtic sword designs though I'm now leaning more towards...
  2. B

Episode 359

Good catch! I noticed a few things about the blade and the guard. The blade with it's deep, wide fuller is very clearly Viking inspired though other Europeans used similar blades too during this period. Also worth noting is Gut's Raider sword had a very similar geometry (though massively scaled...
  3. B

I made Guts' Golden Age Arc Sword (all seven feet of it)

Pretty awesome. I'd quite like to see what it does to more traditional cutting mediums too though.
  4. B

I made Guts' Golden Age Arc Sword (all seven feet of it)

Any cutting test videos coming out for this one?
  5. B

~Muscle Man~

It's been a long time since I calculated it properly but you can just compare it to the sword in the video I linked. Dragonslayer is nearly twice as wide, a foot or so longer, much thicker and has a far more substantial guard and pommel. 3.25x the weight seems about right to me.
  6. B

Episode 359

Best news I've had this week. Hope we see more of Moonlight boy this episode too.
  7. B

~Muscle Man~

Robert Oberst, world's strongest man competitor couldn't even swing a 123lb sword. Most estimates for Dragonslayer are around 400lbs. There's also a big difference between being able to swing something and being able to use it as an effective against armed opponents. The heaviest swords...
  8. B

Ways in which Berserk has impacted your life

Berserk has influenced me more than any work of fiction, it sounds cheesy but seeing everything Guts has gone through puts my own problems in perspective and gives me strength to carry on. Guts as a character really resonates with me, I've gone from abused child to edgy teenager to stoic man...
Top Bottom