Recent content by bulleit

1. B

What are you reading?

Just finished The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch. Good read. Dick does a good job of thoroughly exploring his themes from different angles. He did that in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep as well. I much prefer his style to some authors who just bludgeon the reader with their opinion...
  2. B

What are you reading?

I did enjoy it, however, I found the attitudes and dialogue to be misogynistic, which is why I don't think it aged well.
  3. B

What are you reading?

I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. While many of the themes are still relevant, I don't think it aged well. It's been probably 20 years since I watched Blade Runner, but I from what I remember, I think the movie is actually better, which is very rare.
  4. B

What are you reading?

I've read the entire Wheel of Time. Honestly wouldn't reread. The first several books are pretty entertaining and well paced from what I remember, then the story threads start to diverge and the whole thing gets bogged down pretty much until Sanderson takes over. He at least provides some...
  5. B

What name will Casca and Guts give to their son?

Jim. Oh wait gotta start with a G. Gim.
  6. B

What are you watching? (television thread)

If you have Verizon, they are running a promo where you can get Disney+ free for a year.
  7. B

What are you reading?

@Walter have you watched the TV series for Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell as well? I was curious how it compares to the book, which I have unfortunately not yet read.
  8. B

Chitch: The Flower Sprite

I'm not sure we will see any direct confrontation between Griffith and Danan. There's been no indication that he even knows she exists, and she has not made any offensive movements that we know of. There's been no indication that he is actively pursuing Guts and crew. And he has no need to...
  9. B

What are you reading?

I am also a big fan of Neverwhere. I especially enjoyed his prose and characters, which I suppose is the real key to any good story. Unfortunately that is the only book I have read by him to date. I tried to listen to the American Gods audio book but couldn't get into it. Maybe I didn't give it...
  10. B

Episode 356 part II

I don't disagree that they planned the battle or had a strategic reserve (the hydra), but that doesn't mean they could react in time to an offensive push that the Apostles and a member of the God Hand are capable of. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that the giants were somewhat...
  11. B

Episode 356 part II

I think another way to look at that is that Griffith and the Apostle's attack was so fast that he didn't have time to stand up. In the last episode we see him drop the bell indicating that he was alerted to danger. However he still couldn't react fast enough to do more than put his hands on the...
Top Bottom