Recent content by Cyrus Jong

1. Cyrus Jong

Favorite berserk weapon (other than the dragon slayer)

Grunbeld's shield. The demonic face built into it looks cool, but the fact that it's also packing some hidden weapons like retractable blades and a freaking cannon really sells it. Its adds a surprising amount of sophistication to a character who at first blush looks like a simple brute who just...
  2. Cyrus Jong

Cartoonist Kayfabe on Berserk

:rickert:->My Forehead Guy doesn't know what a MacGuffin even is. Not even five minutes into this video, and I could already tell this was going to be a rough ride. SWORD OF THE BERSERK WAS NOT FIRST-PERSON! Do they even know what that term means? That cements it. These guys are trying to...
  3. Cyrus Jong

Episode 373

I'm afraid it's going to be worse and Berserk is going to go the way of Game of Thrones. While most noticed the sharp decline in that show's quality after the fourth season, most were perfectly onboard with it, thinking the seemingly badly-written bits would all make sense at the end and that...
  4. Cyrus Jong

Episode 373

Seriously, this continuation is doing more to diminish my passion for Berserk than Miura's death ever did. Well, no, that's not true; the true Berserk as it was written by Miura is still always lurking in the back of my mind like it has been for over half my life. I just don't have any interest...
  5. Cyrus Jong

Shichirō Kobayashi, Art Director for Berserk (97) Passes Away

Amazing resume he's got there. Lupin III is a classic, I loved Angel's Egg and found it eerily beautiful, and as for Berserk, well, the 97 anime is the reason I'm here, and we can attribute its quality to his work. It's sad that he's gone, but I'm glad that by all appearances, he lived a full...
  6. Cyrus Jong

Episode 369

The last episode was so disappointing that I couldn't even muster the energy to comment on it. And that continues to be the case for this one, where I have to force myself to talk about it. The way this manga is unfolding just...hurts. It's bad, just bad all around. The rules that were...
  7. Cyrus Jong

What Do the God Hand Do?

They get together every Sunday to play Monopoly. Void is busy building houses on the orange spaces, Slan has both utilities and is trying to get all the railroads, Ubik has nearly bankrupted himself setting hotels up on Park Place and Boardwalk, but this game will be his if someone lands on...
  8. Cyrus Jong

Episode 367

There's a lot to digest here, some good, some bad, and some...unclear. The Good There's definitely a lot of excitement going on. Griffith is doing something on the island that's threatening to tear it apart from the inside, and that definitely has me nervous in all the best ways. Skellig was...
  9. Cyrus Jong

Episodes 365 & 366

I'd love to think that a full-scale assault on Elfhelm isn't going to unfold over four small episodes...but this isn't Miura's game anymore. This is Mori's and Studio Gaga's, and they're only working on what Miura told them, which means we might very well be in for an epic event that will feel...
  10. Cyrus Jong

Episodes 365 & 366

I don't know if the loss of Casca's charm is going to have that large of an effect on the story. It wasn't going to last forever and its warding abilities were going to wear off sooner or later. I think the more important thing is that it's not only another demonstration of the sheer magnitude...
  11. Cyrus Jong

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Concerning Game of Thrones, I really don't think the the Double Ds were ever fans of A Song of Ice and Fire. They outright said they removed as many fantasy elements as they could because they “didn’t just want to appeal to that type of fan,” and were very derisive on the idea of story themes...
  12. Cyrus Jong

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

That about sums up my feelings. I really want to be jumping for joy for this, but alas, I've been disappointed too many times and can only feel a sense of trepidation now. The limbo Berserk was suspended in is over now, and now we have to face a future I'll always have doubts in. I appreciate...
  13. Cyrus Jong

Remembering Kentarou Miura

To call Miura a genius is no exaggeration. I truly believe the man was a one-in-a-million prodigy, even if it never seemed like he was ever aware of it. He was in his early 20s when he started drawing Berserk, and the quality of his artwork back then was leaps and bounds better than most mangaka...
  14. Cyrus Jong

Uncertainty about Berserk's future

I don't like it. Animation studios haven't even been able to give us a proper anime series of a story that was already plotted out and practically storyboarded for them not once, not twice, but three times. Why should we trust them get it right this time AND come up with something original for...
  15. Cyrus Jong

Thoughts on Lost Children?

I noticed a lot of the "negative takes" seemed to sprout up the second it was all but confirmed that Lost Children wouldn't be adapted in the most recent Berserk anime. Almost as if people were trying to justify its absence... Anyway, it's my favorite section of Berserk, encompassing everything...
Top Bottom