Recent content by Dark Emperor

1. Dark Emperor

Eclipse in Texas 2024

Not in Austin, but it’s a partial eclipse where I am.
  2. Dark Emperor

What Are You Playing?

For the longest time, the only job I cared to play on a serious level in FFXIV was Dark Knight, but I decided to try Reaper last week. Holy shit, is that job fun! I now found the perfect alt job.
  3. Dark Emperor

Games to look forward to!

Looking forward to this. I haven’t played the newly released demo myself, but I’ve watched its gameplay on a YouTube channel and it looks like it will play a lot like Sekiro. Of course, perception of this from watching a video isn’t the same as perception from actually playing it, but this is...
  4. Dark Emperor

Don’t care for Rebirth or anything related to the FFVII remake, but Dawntrail looks pretty exciting. I spent this past October to December catching up on a lot of content that I missed out on since I last played (during Heavensward). I think that new pictomancer job looks really stupid though...
  5. Dark Emperor

6. Dark Emperor

Chinese developers and gacha game mechanics are an automatic red flag to me. Sounds like it had to had the potential and premise to be good game, but will just be another one of these mobile games where they give the illusion of free to play (mostly when you start playing it), but then they make...
  7. Dark Emperor

What are you watching? (television thread)

I can further expand on this to say that if you are a fan of Tolkien’s books, DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW. I knew it was gonna be shitshow just by watching the trailer, but looking at some of the behind the scenes decisions that were made further soured the negative impressions I already had of it...
  8. Dark Emperor

Things you disliked when you were younger but learned to like overtime

I used to heavily dislike tomatoes as well lol. I also hated cucumbers and avocados, but now I love all three vegetables. As far as physical activities, go, I used to play sports in high school and dreaded going to the gym because of how sore and tense I would feel the next day. Now, I go to the...
  9. Dark Emperor

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

It’s the same way in volume 41, so it was either intentional or negligent to leave it that way for this release.
  10. Dark Emperor

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

Regarding readthroughs (and audiobooks), I find it pretty disappointing that there’s such a market/audience for them: a demographic of grown adults who need to have things dictated to them like they’re still receiving their mother’s bedtime stories. There’s almost no way one can really...
  11. Dark Emperor

Scenes in Berserk that tug at your heartstrings

Indeed, He is.
  12. Dark Emperor

What Are You Playing?

I’ve started playing Final Fantasy XIV again. I’m currently not playing anything else right now, and I need an excuse to catch up on what I missed since I last played (which is A LOT).
  13. Dark Emperor

What are you watching? (television thread)

It looks interesting, but it also looks like one of those shows that will get cancelled after one season and used as a tax write-off.
  14. Dark Emperor

New here, Hello Everyone.

I'd also recommend playing the Dreamcast game if you haven't. I was able to get an actual physical copy of the English version of the game that still worked (a risky and expensive endeavor, so I do not recommend this route). Like the PS2 game, it can be pretty easily emulated, and this version...
Top Bottom