Recent content by Defengar

1. D

Dark Horse Releases "Deluxe" Berserk Edition

Just ordered 13 and gonna order 14 a month from now as a Christmas present to myself. Been a long journey itself collecting these. Never thought I'd put like $400 into a set of books but of all the series I've read, Berserk deserves it. When they are all together I'm definitely posting an epic...
  2. D

What Do the God Hand Do?

Not that I'd want it, but I could easily picture an expanded black swordsman arc that that would basically be Apostle Villain of the week for Guts and and Puck. You could cram dozens into those two years we only saw a few adventures from. God knows how many times he was accosted during the...
  3. D

What Do the God Hand Do?

This makes me also wonder if at this point Guts has put a noticeable dent in the total number of apostles. I assume the last few years they've been losing more than they've been adding. There's probably high hundreds or several thousand left of course. I've always been curious when the whole...
  4. D

Episodes 365 & 366

Genuinely almost cried upon seeing this news. I'm shocked rn and so happy Miura trained his assistants so well. Honestly I haven't actually read the last couple chapters of berserk that Miura did. After his death I kind of kept putting them off, like a perfect piece of fruit I couldn't bring...
  5. D

Kentarou Miura has passed away

I'm not a spiritual person but I can't get this wonderful vision out of my head of Miura striding into heaven and meeting Homer, who in the afterlife has been blessed with vision, and desires Miura to eventually illustrate the Iliad and Odyssey; doing his legendary double saga in the perfect...
  6. D

Genuinely a titan of his craft, one of the giants that future masters stand on the shoulders of. From what I'm reading he left story notes, I hope his assistants can do the rest justice, I know they respected the heck out of him for paying them enough to buy their own houses when so many others...
  7. D

Didn't find out till today. Utterly devastated. I first read through what was published so far when I was to young, some time in middle school, but I'm glad I did anyways because I knew it was by far the greatest piece of art I had consumed up to that point, and remains in my top 3 to this day...
  8. D

Castlevania showrunner wants to animate Berserk

It would probably be at lest a year old production, and that's after managing to get the rights. ~2022 seems like enough space from 2017.
  9. D

Used some holiday money for this third volume, should arrive early next week :D
  10. D

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

OOOOF. Watched a review on youtube that raised many similar points to Walters post. Definitely will not be buying it. Looks like it makes Richard Knaak's World of Warcraft tie in "War of the Ancients" look like War and Peace.
  11. D

Up till now I've always been penniless, but I recently came into some money and am very exited to finally be able to legitimately support this AMAZING series and start a physical collection of volumes! You can get the current 3 tomes bundled for ~$120 on amazon rn. Anyone have an idea of the...
  12. D

SkullKast: Episode 90 - Mythbusters

Re: Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 90 Listened to this when it first came out. Wanted to pop in and say it was great! It cleared up a couple things for me. I foresee this (and especially the transcribed version) being a great resource for the Berserk community in future.
  13. D

What Are You Playing?

Been playing A LOT of World of Warships the last couple years. I'm a big naval history fan, which unfortunately is a niche mostly ignored by the gaming industry. This game is really the only decent option if you want to play around in multiplayer battles in notable 20th century naval vessels...
  14. D

Berserkian artifacts in museums

The recent podcast talked a bit about Götz von Berlichingen; a knight who lived 500 years ago and shared several similarities to Guts. In addition to the first name thing, he was a famous mercenary, commander, and most notably of all, a metal prosthetic hand! The one on the left was the...
  15. D

Berserkian artifacts in museums

edit: for some reason I am not able to post picture properly like you guys (not enough posts?), but there are links. Ever heard of Pier Gerlofs Donia? He's a character of history from about 500 years ago who lived in Germany during a civil war between noble families. One day while away, his...
Top Bottom