Recent content by Don Rodrigo

1. Don Rodrigo

30th Anniversary of Berserk (~Sept 2019)

That was just wishful thinking on my part, on what could've been done to celebrate Berserk's 30th anniversary. I have zero illusions about Hakusensha and I know they won't do anything noteworthy.
  2. Don Rodrigo

30th Anniversary of Berserk (~Sept 2019)

Yep. Even if Miura doesn't have the episode 360 ready in time for the 30th anniversary, there's still tons of cool stuff Hakusensha could do to celebrate this milestone. Like releasing deleted scenes, storyboard rough drafts, preliminary character sketches and monster designs or any other...
  3. Don Rodrigo

Duranki - New series for the studio of Kentarō Miura

Ah, so Duranki is the then-unnamed project that Miura alluded to in that French magazine interview earlier this year? It's kinda strange though, because I imagined that project to be something by him personally (a sequel to Gigantomachia, for example) rather than by Studio Gaga. Still, fans...
  4. Don Rodrigo

Miura did once say that his mind is always brimming with creative ideas, but he's worried that he won't have enough time to realize them all. Sounds like Studio Gaga is helping Miura bring at least some of his new manga story ideas to life, without him having to take time off Berserk. This in of...
  5. Don Rodrigo

Looks like Studio Gaga is seeking to break out as a manga collective in a similar vein to Clamp, with Miura in the same leader/producer role as Clamp's Nanase Ohkawa. Which makes sense, as Miura has always been about nurturing young talent and creating the next generation of manga artists. Eh...
  6. Don Rodrigo

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

Holy shit, this reads like one of John Norman's Gor books, but only somehow a million times worse. And that fucking prose, Jesus.....:magni:
  7. Don Rodrigo

What did I tell y'all? A shitty screenwriter making for a shitty novelist - ain't much a leap there now, is it?
  8. Don Rodrigo

Episode 358

I wonder though, how much of Griffith's decision to support Charlotte's desire for a state-run orphanage also stems from his own brutal childhood? Assuming he still has some semblance of conscience left, perhaps years of living as an orphan himself has instilled into Griffith some empathy for...
  9. Don Rodrigo

Hopefully, this should once and for all put an end to rumors that Miura (other than providing illustrations) had anything to do with this hot garbage.
  10. Don Rodrigo

Episode 358

I miss those too. Especially loved how, sometimes, an episode's art depicted in the previews would change by the time of YA publication :ganishka:
  11. Don Rodrigo

The relevance of Berserk's opening scene

Very much inclined to agree here. As seen from her Eclipse scene with Corkus, she's actually the most human-looking out of all the apostles. The human form Female Apostle's complete absence of beastly features or some sort of bodily deformations (a dead giveaway of all typical apostles even in...
  12. Don Rodrigo

Berserkian artifacts in museums

Here's a museum artifact from medieval China, rather than medieval Europe. The Tang Dynasty-era China, to be exact. A glazed ceramic statuette of a (most likely Turkic/Mongolian nomad) warrior from what is now Northwest China, wearing an animal helmet outfit. You kinda can see where Miura got...
  13. Don Rodrigo

Shitty screenwriters make for shitty novelists....who would've guessed? :schierke: Also, somebody previously suggested that Miura may have given Makoto Fukami some pointers about Grunbeld's background and early life. But seeing how the Flaming Dragon Knight novel severely deviates from what...
  14. Don Rodrigo

Episode 355

Hey, welcome back!! Ah, the good old days of pre-2007 Berserk, back when the manga published at a pace of 2 episodes per month and we were almost always guaranteed 2 new volumes per year :ganishka: Unfortunately, our steady yearly fix of Berserk came at a steep personal cost to Miura...
  15. Don Rodrigo

Albums for Desert Island

The only reason why Diamond Head lost out to Motörhead on my list was because Ace of Spades had a better production (especially the guitars and drum sound) than Lightning to the Nations :sad: The crazy thing is, even though the '80s Pantera was by and large unsuccessful, Dimegag Darrell had...
Top Bottom