Recent content by einherjar

1. E

Games to look forward to!

The anticipation made me break out Nier again to complete some trophies and get the fourth ending. They're a mixed bag. One area they seem to skimp on is graphics. They aren't the best looking games, for sure. The first game had a deliciously twisted story and characters, but the gameplay...
  2. E

Games to look forward to!

After kinda burning myself out on Dark Souls II, I'm really looking forward to the English localization of Drakengard 3. Anyone else?
  3. E

What significance does this symbol have? (Vol.24)

Actually, it's reminiscent of a glyph that the Elizabethan scientist/magician John Dee designed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee
  4. E

Griffith's dream (no, not that one)

I think I was trying to read more into it than that. I guess sometimes things are exactly what they seem.
  5. E

Happiest moment in Berserk

I'm not sure if it qualifies as happy, but the scene after Guts teams up with Zodd to chase off Ganishka... When Serpico gets between the two of them and Zodd decides to move on... That scene was great. And it made me happy, anyway. :guts:
  6. E

Griffith's dream (no, not that one)

In volume 10, while Griffith is in his cell, he has a sort of "waking dream" about Guts. The exact wording escapes me at the moment, but he refers to Guts as "the one who made me forget my dream" or something to that effect. Griffith echoes those words just before he agrees to make the...
  7. E

Apostle strength

Perhaps this merits its own thread, but if a healthy Guts with the Berserk's Armor fought Zodd, what might the outcome be?
  8. E

What is the best written work ever and what constitutes "good" writing?

I find that I can appreciate a work of literature for several different reasons: Language / Vocabulary - To this end, I would cite authors like Tolkein or Poe, because I feel their command of the English language explored the nuances of connotation. Allegory - A work I found particularly...
  9. E

Why doesn't Griffith kill Guts? (and other stuff)

I have to disagree. When Griffith becomes Femto, he sheds his conscience: the part of a human that cares about morality. Think about it - why else could the Idea be comfortable letting the God Hand do as they will? Because without a conscience to steer them, a being will be driven solely by...
  10. E

Episode 299

Wow... I didn't think Miura could outdo Umino for cutesy-ness, but I think I was gravely mistaken
  11. E

God Hand's sacrifice

It was Aaz's idea first... I gave him credit, so don't go blaming me! :ganishka: I think you mean that they must be remarkable, not what you said. :griff: It's a reincarnation, not rebirth. Well, the only comparison we can draw is between the Count and Rosine, because those are the only...
  12. E

God Hand's sacrifice

First off, Griffith's torture and the mental agony that accompanied it was not part of the sacrifice. It did, however, cause him to reach the level of desperation necessary for the Beherit to be activated. (By his blood when he attempted suicide.) And, as Aaz said earlier in this thread: As...
  13. E

Second-Favorite Berserk Character (2008 edition!)

I went with Serpico. I like the tension he brought to Guts' party in the past, and hope a little bit of it continues on once the focus shifts back to them. I'm expecting big things from Serpico... Eventually he'll probably reveal his true blood-relation to Farnese, which could prove...
  14. E

God Hand's sacrifice

Well, this is quite speculatory on my part, but to me, Guts and - to a much lesser extent - Casca were the only persons who meant enough to Griffith to even be sacrificed. I think the nature of the Occultation pulled the rest of the Hawks "along for the ride." Remember Griffith's final human...
  15. E

What will Falconia be like?

Griffith was told What this means to me is that it may be possible for Griffith to use his evil to bring "good" to mankind, at least in the short-term. However, knowing that the Idea of Evil is the architect of causality, the salvation Griffith appears to bring is likely a facade. I rather...
Top Bottom