Recent content by Eluvei

1. Eluvei

Official Slam Dunk thread

Not a fan of those. They're somewhat odd compositions to use as covers, and just look drab and lifeless in general. Guess he nailed it if the goal was to do something as different as possible from the original ones.
  2. Eluvei

Episode 356

Thought the switch was perfect. Disturbing imagery right off the bat and a mostly silent war scene after we were left with Casca's scream is brilliant. I hadn't noticed that. This episode rules.
  3. Eluvei

Favorite Video Games (Series)

I'm sort of going through a list like Rhombaad's but I dunno if I can justify spending dozens of hours with Charles Martinet at this point in my life.
  4. Eluvei

Favorite Video Games (Series)

Voted for Metal Gear because I like all of them except for 4, but I sort of like that 4 exists because it's insane. MGS 1-3 are my favorite games I think. Also voted for Mega Man, played most of them and they range from alright to great, the only one that was total shit was X7. I loved the Zero...
  5. Eluvei

Hardcover editions of Berserk?

What's the binding quality like? Most of my old Panini ones would fall apart if I tried to open them even slightly a year or so after I'd purchased them, and some came with pages glued together. Offensively cheap stuff. I ended up getting the Dark Horse releases.
  6. Eluvei

Dark Souls

I played Demon's Souls years after Dark Souls and was surprised with how much I loved it. Ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. But yeah, try DS2 and DS3 out, they're both inferior to the original, but worth giving a shot if you've got the time. I actually thought DS2 was okay...
  7. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/15/david-lynch-twin-peaks-finale/
  8. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

Well said. I have no doubt that on rewatches the episodes that contained more "useless" things are gonna go down easier for those that painted them red on their personal viewing guides. Without the anxiety of wanting to know where this is all going, people will finally be able to fully embrace...
  9. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

Thanks, pretty good articles, the AV Club one got me kinda :judo:. when I read the guy in the AV Club article saying "meta" isn't in Lynch's vocabulary, it reminded me of a thing from an old article I read earlier this year:
  10. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

Really enjoyed reading this take, even if some things here and there don't really fit completely: http://www.waggish.org/2017/twin-peaks-finale/
  11. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

I mean, it's obviously fake, but not in a way that's supposed to make the scene evoke a false sense of peace. And that quote proves this point: he may use artifice and dreams to show glimpses of beauty in a bad world, but not necessarily to make it look the only way to find happiness is to live...
  12. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

No doubt. I always thought the Giant sounded... disappointed? And yeah it's kinda hilarious for the guy to interrupt a concert to tell him he sucks as a detective. :ganishka:
  13. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

14. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

:daiba:
  15. Eluvei

Twin Peaks Returns

Top Bottom