Recent content by favole

1. F

Episodes 365 & 366

Like some people said, I share the feeling of having felt less excitement than usual reading these two episodes. However, I cannot say yet whether it is because there is indeed some dissonance with Miura’s work or because it makes me remember that Sensei is definitely dead and we’ll never read...
  2. F

Episode 364

Thank you for the news!
  3. F

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Rest In Peace, Sensei. ♥️
  4. F

Chasing the emotional dragon/recommendations post Berserk.

Haha, Dorohedoro is really a series I walked into casually and then I read the whole thing in record time, because I couldn't stop needing to know what would happen next. I actually never watched the anime tho', so I don't know how accurate it is or which parts of the story it covers. The...
  5. F

Chasing the emotional dragon/recommendations post Berserk.

Hello! For me too, Berserk is the best story I have ever read so far, but there is always some interesting and well written titles to try! Feel free to look up the summaries on the internet, they are all of various genres. Mugen no Juunin (historical, revenge, fantasy) Urasawa Naoki’s Monster...
  6. F

What name will Casca and Guts give to their son?

I was thinking Judo or name carrying a moon reference as best possibilities, but now I can't unthink the possibility of Gaiseric or another name starting with G. xDD
  7. F

SkullKast 111: Flying Monkey (Ep 363)

Yay, the podcast! Thank you guys, as always! I have to admit that the most striking point for me was the possibility of the Skull Knight eventually... leaving the story. I had never considered it before. I mean, sure, when we're at the climax and he's fighting Void maybe, but self-sacrificing...
  8. F

Episode 363

Yes, I really agree with this. I feel like Ged was slightly foreshadowing it by saying that the Skull Knight has been living only for revenge for a long time now. Somehow I always thought this scene was rather shown to highlight that the boy, despite being very mysterious, acted like a playful...
  9. F

Episode 363

This is exactly what I think the rest of the story after the events on Skellig Island may be about. From my understanding, Guts already mostly went off the path of revenge, from the moment he decided that keeping Casca safe and taking her to Puck's country was the most important priority. As...
  10. F

Get Your SKnet T-Shirt for the 20th Anniversary

Hey! I often pass by, so thank you for the fun debates and the interesting podcasts!! Happy to celebrate SK.net’s anniversary, too! :) I’ll take a t-shirt (woman), in size L (should be enough if it’s as long as it looks)! Thank you guys!!
  11. F

Episode 347

Honestly, I don't know how likely it is, but I really like the sound of that. So many things transpired that day, she was bound to be overwhelmed on many sides and considering her love for Guts, being raped specifically in front of him definitely left a lot of scars as it did on Guts. I hope we...
  12. F

Has there ever been a time for you when Berserk forced it?

I agree, this was one of the disturbing scenes I mentioned, but still, since we're following Guts' story and the eclipse was way more heart-wrenching on top of the violence (because we knew the characters who were sacrificed, Casca's rape was hard to bear with and same for Guts' desperation) I...
  13. F

Has there ever been a time for you when Berserk forced it?

Hmm, this is just me, but I find the eclipse to be by far the most violent part of the series, there were some pretty disturbing scenes in other arcs for sure, but nothing can compare to that. So not really, no. It's not like Miura is gradually increasing in violence with each new apostle or...
  14. F

How Did You Find Out About Berserk?

A close friend mentioned it something like two years ago but after looking it up extremely briefly and seeing Guts' Dragon Slayer, I thought this would be too heavy on the fighting side for it to interest me. And then at the very beginning of this year, I read an interview from the author of...
  15. F

Elfhelm: the stage for the next great tragedy

I agree with Lawliet, not to say your idea of a bloodbath is completely unlikely because we can't really know for sure (as it's just the beginning of their time there), but Skellig Island remained out of Griffith's interest so far, so why would he suddenly order an attack on the island? As...
Top Bottom