Recent content by Gil Blas

1. Gil Blas

Episode 373

On the occasion of the 2nd anniversary of Kentaro Miura's passing, coupled with the direction the Berserk Continuation has been going, I regret even more that the aortic rupture that cruelly snatched Miura-sensei from us did not instead happen to someone truly deserving like Vladimir Putin or...
  2. Gil Blas

Episode 370

After seeing all the clusterfuck that has piled up since Berserk's revival, I have to question whether Miura actually told Mori anything about how the rest of the series would proceed. Almost everything I've seen looks like a well-drawn (but poorly written) fanfic; nothing like what or how Miura...
  3. Gil Blas

What are you reading?

For all the criticism we got against Koji Mori/Gaga-helmed Berserk, it would be a grave insult and unfair slander to liken their Berserk continuation to what de Camp did to Conan. Likening the post-Miura Berserk to de Camp's version of Conan would only be appropriate if Mori had seized the...
  4. Gil Blas

What are you reading?

Yep, those are great too. One other positive thing that should be mentioned about that three volume Conan set - the original British version of it is quite possibly the only instance when Conan was actually depicted on a book cover the way Howard described him. Meaning, Conan is of rather...
  5. Gil Blas

Episodes 365 & 366

Holy shit, the Berserker Armor has been turning Guts into a Parkinson's patient... :magni:
  6. Gil Blas

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

This like how after Robert E. Howard's own untimely death people wanted wanted more Conan, and thus new Conan pastiches and sequels written by other authors started coming out in the decades since. Some of them were good (Karl Edward Wagner and Poul Anderson), others were shit (L. Sprague de...
  7. Gil Blas

Remembering Kentarou Miura

The fact that it took me nearly a year to accept (and make peace with) the fact that Kentaro Miura is dead and gone is a testament to how much his life and talent meant to me and how devastating was his death. I still remember it like yesterday the moment I read the reports of his death and the...
  8. Gil Blas

I can't believe that it's already 1 year since Miura has passed away. Rest in peace...

I can't believe that it's already 1 year since Miura has passed away. Rest in peace, Miura-sensei. You'll always be missed and never forgotten.
  9. Gil Blas

What if the flashback Guts experienced of Gaiseric's past was not a previous completed Godhand but Void and the four elemental kings?

The elemental kings would never have been depicted as ugly as those four companions of Void's were.
  10. Gil Blas

What are you reading?

I strongly recommend the 2006 omnibus because not only it contains all of Howard's Conan fiction, but it's also meticulously proofread and contains no typos or errors whatsoever. Something that can't be said of most pulp-era reprints.
  11. Gil Blas

What are you reading?

Be sure to get The Complete Chronicles of Conan that was published back in 2006 in celebration of Robert E. Howard's 100th birthday; it's the only complete collection of Howard's original Conan tales and all the related miscellany. No posthumous rewrites or edits by outside writers; it's all...
  12. Gil Blas

Trying to understand Ganishka’s “true form”

Oh shit, that reply was actually meant for DarkEmperor88, LOL.
  13. Gil Blas

Trying to understand Ganishka’s “true form”

Ganishka's apostle body having tactile invulnerability may also reflect his own constant crippling fear that he had in his former life of being killed. Possessing an incorporeal body that can't be stabbed or shot definitely gives Ganishka a sense of security and comfort that he never knew whilst...
  14. Gil Blas

Kentarou Miura has passed away

Rest easy now, Miura-sensei. You may be gone, but never ever will you be forgotten :sad: I woke up today thinking that the horrible news that I read last night was just a very bad dream. Even after seeing multiple mainstream outlets reporting his death, a flicker of hope remained in me that...
Top Bottom