Recent content by Grail

1. Grail

Symptoms of climate change you've experienced

It's been a terrible time here in California, but we've also been very fortunate compared to other places. Wildfires are the most obvious and immediate issue on the western coast of the USA. California, which I suppose used to be known for earthquakes as its regional disaster of choice, is now...
  2. Grail

Do you feed wild animals?

We also live near a forest, and because we're in a second floor unit, we get a lot of birds when we put out bird seed. It also creates a huge mess! :ganishka: We've gotten blue jays, finches, and there's some sort of bird of prey (maybe a hawk or a falcon?:griffnotevil:) that makes its nest...
  3. Grail

I didn't know this was a big thing! I must be getting old... :ganishka:

I didn't know this was a big thing! I must be getting old... :ganishka:
  4. Grail

Episode 368

Looking back on Dur-An-Ki in light of the recent episode releases, it is pretty interesting to think about what sort of work Miura must have done to make everything look so cohesive. The mix of styles in this continuation is a little jarring sometimes, but under the circumstances it's easy to...
  5. Grail

I really enjoyed the new episode. But please don't post unmarked spoilers for the show! Many...

I really enjoyed the new episode. But please don't post unmarked spoilers for the show! Many folks have probably not seen it yet! :magni:
  6. Grail

I haven't watched it yet, but I was generally hearing good things about it! I'll have to...

I haven't watched it yet, but I was generally hearing good things about it! I'll have to approach with caution. :schnoz:
  7. Grail

What are you reading?

I would encourage you to read it. When it comes to literature that has a reputation for being weird or off-putting, I think it's always worthwhile to give it a try - because even if you don't like it, there might be an element of the story or a character that speaks to you and sticks in your memory!
  8. Grail

What are you reading?

Oh snap, are we talking about Wolfe in this thread?! :beast: I'm ready!! Walter, I'm sorry to have (probably) missed your original write-up on Book of the New Sun, since it's also a great favorite of mine. I feel like Wolfe is one of those authors that many sci-fi fans seem seem to love, but...
  9. Grail

The Art of Guin

Very nice, Guin! I like the inclusion of the cherry blossoms in Casca's portrait! Her expression is also very mysterious... I wonder what she's thinking :???:
  10. Grail

Jan's art

Very nice! I love the rough texture of his hair and skin and their contrast to the tear! :ubik:
  11. Grail

Episodes 365 & 366

My emotions leading up to the release of these episodes were mixed, as I had said on the Skullkast, and now with their publishing I feel more conflicted than ever, if I have to be honest. I have no doubt that the team put forth their best effort with this episode, and will continue to do so...
  12. Grail

Best of luck, Jackson! :guts:

Best of luck, Jackson! :guts:
  13. Grail

The Story Behind Your Username

I don't think I had any special meaning in mind when I put in my username many years ago, but I grew up a big Monty Python Fan, so I probably was thinking of the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" when I wrote it, just because it was a short and snappy-sounding word. I've also got Cardinal...
  14. Grail

The Art of Guin

Guin, your art never fails to impress! I really like your interpretation of Guts in this scene. :ubik:
  15. Grail

Remembering Kentarou Miura

A great tribute, Aaz! Like you've said, Miura's passing somehow still feels very recent, and as a fan and admirer from afar, the news was devastating on a level that's hard to describe. I can only imagine how deeply this loss is felt among his friends and family, who directly experienced...
Top Bottom