Recent content by Inga-no-Nagare

1. I

The Big Berserk Exhibition

I put all the images I took in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12m3HFuucDB4cxMYJn160Ko37-5FbFQvC You can see some of the sketches in the last pic in the folder above. Some of it looks quite Marvel-like I think: The interview video was I think around 5 minutes. He was...
  2. I

I finally got to see it. Having a 2 year old kid means I can't really go see it during the weekend, so I went during a weekday before evening. Great thing I did - I was in the venue from 16 til 17:30, and as I left, the line to get inside was getting crazy long. So it gets super crowded on...
  3. I

Kentarou Miura has passed away

I used to watch anime like crazy and, of all the anime I watched, the 1997 Berserk anime left the deepest impact on me. I then read the manga, fell in love with the characters, the story and the sheer scope of the world. After that I didn't actively look for Berserk for awhile, and mostly kind...
  4. I

I live in Tokyo and definitely plan to visit the exhibition once the event details are revealed. Would be happy to take pics (to the extent that the venue allows that) and share here.
  5. I

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 3

Story-wise, it was not bad, I think. The apostle was generic, very forgettable, but still, it was all quite Berserk. The visuals sucked big time. No memorably pretty parts, while still lots of really clunky animation and ugly 3D models. But the one part that drives me nuts is that with this...
  6. I

New Berserk Anime for 2016

Aaz, thanks a lot for the notes! I was reading them along while listening to the Q&A. For me, the definitive moment of the Q&A was when the producer was asked if there's anything in the anime that he's dissatisfied with ( https://youtu.be/eie4yGFUaRE?t=13m25s ), and you see his epic struggle to...
  7. I

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 1

I.. have mixed feelings about the 1st episode. It has deep flaws, but I'll be damned if I wasn't helluva entertained while watching it. This might be an unpopular opinion, but considering their rush to go on with the story, I think they used the 21 mins rather well, content-wise. EXCEPT for...
  8. I

Visuals: Guts' walking looks jarred like hell. Well, at least the face looks (I think) less ugly than it did throughout the 4C trilogy.. Audio: While I don't like the heavy metal, I kinda like the first half of the music/audio and the way it cuts off in the end. Sounds very industrial-like. In...
  9. I

I've introduced the 1997 anime series to four of my friends these last six months, and they all loved it. I did elaborate on some things throughout; especially the ending. :troll: I think it's better to show newcomers the old anime series rather than the movies. In spite of its shortcomings...
  10. I

POLL: Vote for Your 2 Favorite Characters

I pondered for quite a while before finally deciding on what to vote for: in the end, I went for Guts and Griffith. It rarely happens that I find both the main protagonist and the main antagonist of a story to be immensely interesting characters. And in Berserk they both really are so. In a way...
  11. I

Berserk Saga Project News

Jebus. Seeing as the reviewer's name is Chris Beveridge, I'm assuming English is his first language, but looking at the way he writes, it really feels like it isn't.
  12. I

Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler [Review]

Sorry to say that neither of the latter two make it into the 3rd movie. Although I'd say Skull Knight's appearance did the character justice and Silat makes a short but impressive appearance.
  13. I

He sure was. The soundtracks (of the Eva and Berserk movie series) have songs that are similar to the sound of the other soundtrack, but each has songs that are quite different as well. All in all, I'd say he did a good job with keeping them separate enough. I talked with the organizer of the...
  14. I

There's an anime festival in my country right now (http://www.animefest.eu/JAFF7/kava.php?&lang=en). Among other movies, they're also showing all three Berserk movies. 5 EUR per movie, which is an okay enough price. They also played the 1st movie last year, which I watched then, and I watched...
Top Bottom