Recent content by ixupi

1. I

Paris Attack

As a U.S. service member I just want to express my condolences to the French members here. Whether or not people may have a good opinion of the U.S. or not, just want to say that we ARE here for you guys. I know personally that whenever one of our allies takes a hit that the guys I work with...
  2. I

ixupi's Sculptures

Thanks for the replies guys. For those of you interested, I did a little run of the Beherits, using a painting scheme and finish I thought best represented a compromise between the more flat source material and a "realistic" interpretation. I hope to do more projects soon as I get tied up with...
  3. I

ixupi's Sculptures

Decided to reapproach the behelit that I sculpted a while back, clean it up and refine it a bit. I think it came out good enough. Thinking about making various colors of these as well. What do you all think? Would anyone be interested in a certain color, any requests?
  4. I

Ubik and the Garden of Earthly Delights

I mean, it's entirely possible he just liked the name/novel, but I'd like to think Miura used the name Ubik because it conveyed something about the character but I suppose only he knows. To me, his ability to show those memories, to pull things from a different time sort of solidifies his...
  5. I

Ubik and the Garden of Earthly Delights

Interesting write up. Though I interpreted Miura's choice of using the painting as Ubik's introduction to the world as indicative of his root meaning. As you brought up and mentioned, his powers showcase his ability to be everywhere and all knowing, just like the derivative Latin word. Ubik...
  6. I

ixupi's Sculptures

Almost done with it, just a little bit more to go. He's pretty much 6" to answer your question though.
  7. I

ixupi's Sculptures

Not sure if it'll be painted yet. 1. Still need to finish it. 2. I sculpt in wax so if I want to paint then I have to mold and cast it. So its a bit of a financial commitment. I'll post some more tomorrow it, since it should be done by then.
  8. I

ixupi's Sculptures

Put this together real quick last night since I was feeling the mood after the most recent episode. Need to smooth out the grooves naturally and actually do the mask but trying to capture that sketchy/textured feel he always gives off, always reminded me of bark almost. Anyways, thought I'd...
  9. I

Berserk behelit sculpt

Re: Berserk Beherit sculpt True, and if you want to pay for the cost of the silicone it takes, I will be sure to fix that haha! I actually went to make the green one today, but I realized I ran out of green paint. So blue trumped it. I was thinking of doing some with silver fittings as well...
  10. I

Berserk behelit sculpt

Re: Berserk Beherit sculpt Now in blue!
  11. I

Berserk behelit sculpt

Re: Berserk Beherit sculpt The original was sculpt in a wax based clay known as Castilene. It's pretty hard stuff in it's hardest grade and softens under heat. This opens up a lot of possibilities but makes work slower. The bright side is super crisp detail and a medium you can sand. It...
  12. I

Berserk behelit sculpt

Been a loooong time since I've posted anything on this forum. Mostly just lurk to check up on chapters and merchandise. But anyways, I started up sculpting again, something I've done on and off for a number of years, just started taking it seriously again. I started on a Mozgus statue I...
  13. I

Episode 323

I felt like a nerd reading this episode. I found myself drawn to the awesome renditions of real life deep sea creatures. It's funny to see that he practically googled deep sea fish to get some inspiration. Gulper eel, Wolftrap Angler, Goblin Shark and what looks to be a Frilled Gill Shark all...
  14. I

Mozgus Statue (Work In Progress)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been rather lazy. I've had a four day weekend and spent it sitting on my ass. But I did however do a little work today. -Started working on his book. -Modified and cast a behelit out of resin. -Smoothed him out with sand paper. -Started work on his hand...
  15. I

Mozgus Statue (Work In Progress)

Took a few more pictures for you guys to give a better sense of size. Added in a quarter as suggested. Was busy today so I was only able to work around the collar region. Basically working in all the shapes before I refine them. By the way. Is there any official colored pictures of...
Top Bottom