Recent content by jplusip

1. J

Episode 371

Agreed; this is what I've been thinking lately. I've tried giving Mori and Studio Gaga the benefit of the doubt given the impossible task they took upon themselves, but putting an ocean next to Falconia was a bit much. It's a bit distressing to me that the people who had been working on Berserk...
  2. J

Episode 370

I thought this episode was better than the last few. - Guts being effectively broken by being unable to land a hit on Griffith and focusing on that aspect as opposed to Casca's recapture makes some sense to me. As has already been mentioned, I'm assuming that Guts felt that he'd be able to do...
  3. J

Episode 367

4. J

Episode 367

All I know, is that I hope Zodd gets taken out soon, because I'm tired of seeing Studio Gaga's Zodd drawings. -_-
  5. J

Episode 367

6. J

Episode 367

7. J

Episodes 365 & 366

Well, I'm certainly glad to see many of you also expressing confusion over the "Guts swinging his sword at Griffith" scenes, as I really didn't get what was going on there. Well, it was clear that the sword was going through Griffith, or some projection of Griffith, or where Guts thought he was...
  8. J

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

To clarify, I wasn't saying that Miura had trained his assistants to take over Berserk, just that he had been in the process of preparing them to take on more responsibilities these past five years. I doubt the thought of Berserk being produced without him ever crossed Miura's mind beyond...
  9. J

Young Animal announces a continuation of Berserk by Studio Gaga, supervised by Kouji Mori

Didn't Koji Mori contribute a one-shot manga about his time with Miura up-to-and-including Miura's funeral to the dedication book? While I couldn't read the text, I remember looking at that and being incredibly moved by it; it was clear that the author of that manga was very close with Miura...
  10. J

Did I order the wrong issue of Young Animal?

I seem to have made the same mistake with CDJapan... Not sure what's going on.
  11. J

What Are You Playing?

I played Sword of Berserk on Dreamcast last night. Seemed fitting since that was what got me into Berserk to begin with. Time hasn't necessarily been kind to the gameplay mechanics (though for the time, they're actually really good), but damn, the writing and character designs are still great...
  12. J

Kentarou Miura has passed away

RIP Miura. I can't believe the greatest mangaka of all time is truly gone. Actually, "greatest mangaka" is too weak a phrase: "The greatest artist and storyteller of all time" is more accurate. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing imagination with all of us.
  13. J

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Well, I hate to admit it, but I actually watched the recap episode. Amazingly, it sucked, even by recap episode standards.
  14. J

:ganishka: True enough.
  15. J

This last episode has me wondering if these guys are running out of money. Overall the animation in this new adaptation hasn't been all that great (OK, fine, generally horrible), but last week's episode left me wondering if the next step is stick figures (or someone filming themselves turning...
Top Bottom