Recent content by Lawliet

1. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Currently several great hours into Ghost of Tsushima. This is probably the most beautiful game I've ever played, even including the Last of Us 2 in the comparison (though, TLOU2 still exceeds this game in some technical aspects. E.g. facial animations). The combat is addictive and varied; you...
  2. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Not necessarily in order: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt – For me, this ties with the below game as the game of the generation. The scale and scope are mind-boggling. Geralt is a great leading man, so you’ll enjoy his company as you go through the many different quests in this game. It’s DLC Blood...
  3. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

This is simply one of the prime examples of how ND failed to structure the whole thing, the other being . Neil Druckmann could have benefited from an editor for his story drafts and/or some proper feedback. A lot of what happens in this game is simply placed at the wrong parts, and may have...
  4. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Yeah. I played the game on hard, but some of these segments were so boring that I turned down the difficulty to the minimum just to get through them as quickly as possible (didn’t help much though, as ). I finally wrapped it up, and you were right, the last chapter didn’t help. Actually it...
  5. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

True, they went overboard with some of these flashbacks. But I did think some of them were pretty nice, like . But yes, there was too much wasted potential here, which makes the plot choices all the more frustrating. I’m still going to have to wait to see how that turns out. Didn’t get the...
  6. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

This year’s been underwhelming with new releases, so I’ve been replaying older titles. The latest revisits include: God of War 2018 – Played the story a second time through on NG+. Went for the missing trophies, which was a painful process as they were collectibles. 4 collectible trophies...
  7. Lawliet

PlayStation 5 launch line-up impressions

Honestly, I was underwhelmed with the showcase overall. It was filled with too much irrelevant stuff. I mean, I wanted to see more "next-gen" material, something that may give some impression of the console's performance amd so on. Instead we got a whole bunch of games that can run just as well...
  8. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Yes, you need to craft previous level pieces. But I'd hold off on upgrading the bear armor any further until checking out the other ones, such as the wolf armor or the feline, since you may want to switch to those (if not for practical reasons, then at least for how they look). Of course, if you...
  9. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

I'd suggest waiting until you start Blood and Wine before upgrading armor. There, you'll have access to grandmaster level armor that's not only stronger but also looks great. And it will cost a lot of gold to craft too, so it's good idea to save that money.
  10. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

So I ended up returning to the Witcher 3. I started another run of the Blood and Wine expansion, and I'm enjoying almost as much as I did the first time around, four years ago. It's easily my favorite part of this already gigantic game. The setting, the soundtrack, the quests and side-quests...
  11. Lawliet

New member on this Forum

Welcome to SK :guts: If you're impressed with Miura's work, then you should go ahead and read some of the analyses in this forum if you haven't already. They will make you appreciate Miura's achievement even more. Have fun!
  12. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Interesting. Here are mine: Cloud – Triple Slash. It’s just a thrill to use, especially when there’s only one enemy. Only downside is that I can’t choose who Cloud strikes next if I’m fighting a group, he just goes after everyone. Tifa – Unbridled Strength + Rise and Fall. It’s been a...
  13. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

I'm debating whether to do that too, but I feel like I should just jump to another game at this point. Maybe even start that RE4 playthrough... I edited the above post with my take on your full review.
  14. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Finished Final Fantasy VII. Here's what I think: Excellent review. I was planning to write some sort of review myself, but then I read yours, and you pretty much covered all the major aspects/issues with the game. So instead, I'll use your points to give my own take on the same issues. I felt...
  15. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Looking forward to reading it. :guts:
Top Bottom