Recent content by Lawliet

1. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Makes sense, and I’m in the same position when it comes to MK11 now that I think about it. I love that game, and the same people think I’m weird for it, saying that it’s the worst one in the series by far (which I don’t get to be honest; I like it a lot more than X at least). The main...
  2. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

@Griffith I’m honestly surprised you stuck with MK1 this long. Pretty much everyone I know has almost nothing but negative to say about it! It’s why I reinstalled MK11 when it came out instead. 11 was my 3rd most played game of ’23 according to PSN. What made MK1 click with you? Anyway, I...
  3. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

Dragon‘s Dogma II is, like its predecessor, what I’d call a beautiful mess. Boy, despite my limited hours on it, I’ve got a lot to say. First, let’s get the technical stuff out of the way, since it has caused a lot of controversy. Yes, the game runs like crap. At least by today’s standards; a...
  4. Lawliet

The New Picture Thread

F-feline infestation?! After all your days with your childhood cat Arlo, you don't...you don't feel anything? Change your name to Femto, my man.
  5. Lawliet

The New Picture Thread

Congratulations to you both! May he be happy and healthy always. Cute cat too, btw. What's his/her name?
  6. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

7. Lawliet

What Are You Playing?

I play a good number of games each year, but every now and then I run into an absolute gem. This time, the gem is Alan Wake II. I initially slept on this game, mainly due to my previous experience with Remedy - Control, a great game but I didn't enjoy its narrative style - and mainly to personal...
  8. Lawliet

Akira Toriyama passes away at age 68

It's hard for me to estimate the impact Akira Toriyama had on me. I've been a fan of him and his works for 2/3's of my life, with Dragon Ball being one of the biggest pillars of my consciousness. It's one of the works that jump-started my desire to become an author, setting me on a trajectory...
  9. Lawliet

Can you identify "The Hero's Journey" in Berserk or any other writing tropes? (Kishotenketsu, etc)

I always frown whenever I encounter writings such as Joseph Campbell’s Thousand Faces when I browse a bookstore. Aaz already voiced my problems with them above, and they are doubly annoying for me as an aspiring writer. It is such a stifling notion that every story must follow a certain pattern...
  10. Lawliet

Games to look forward to!

Thanks so much for the informative post, @Aazealh, and for taking the time to write it. Amazing quality posting as usual. I will sit this game out, then. Indeed, it seems pointless to go there for a TRPG experience when much better games are available (namely, Tactics Ogre as you and Walter...
  11. Lawliet

Your Favorite Paintings (or Artworks in General)

Happy (belated) new year, everybody. Thought I’d post about another amazing work of art. The Heart of the Andes Fredric Edwin Church Oil on canvas, ca. 1859 (Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York) No need for any kind of commentary here. Just look at this thing! The amount of detail is...
  12. Lawliet

Things you disliked when you were younger but learned to like overtime

Since the OP didn't specify food only, I will say two things I didn't like or appreciate as a child but adore now as an adult are poetry and paintings. I still look back with horror to my high school self, who hated literature classes and didn't give a crap about all the cool poems we were...
  13. Lawliet

The New Picture Thread

Congratulations to you both! :guts:
  14. Lawliet

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Bad taste? Coming from you, that's a badge I'd wear proudly :ganishka: Seriously though, I've yet to hear an explanation for why they aren't "metal", aside from the reductive dismissals above :shrug: They’re definitely a very pop band, they have ABBA and KISS as a huge influence, but look at...
  15. Lawliet

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

Funny. I was about to bring up Ghost in this thread. My friends introduced me to it a couple of months ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. My introduction consisted of this absolute banger: Satan knows how to pick'em. She is not.
Top Bottom