Recent content by llafnwod

1. llafnwod

What Are You Playing?

Finished up Katana ZERO last night and had a great time. It's a pretty fresh take on the Hotline Miami formula (which deserves more imitation, IMO) of kill-die-repeat, and the way it straddles the line between reliance on twitch reflexes and planning feels fantastic. The story is pretty stock...
  2. llafnwod

Dark Horse Releases

So there is! And that's a yes on the stippling. What a time to be alive. The scan quality actually appears excellent in the close-ups I looked at. What kind of DPI are you viewing them at? I think "zoomed-out" they look dirty/grainy simply because of aliasing. Nevermind. Just looked at a...
  3. llafnwod

Dark Horse Releases

Could you post a sample panel? I'm waiting for the manga scan where you can see the stippling. :serpico:
  4. llafnwod

What do you think will happen after Elfhelm?

Right, right, God bestows upon us encounters. Several members of the current party are picked up after the beach, and they meet with the Moonlight Boy again after that too. Time to start thinking about how those things might fit into the larger puzzle I guess. :guts:
  5. llafnwod

What do you think will happen after Elfhelm?

Do we know how SK is doing? The last I recall seeing of him was in a wide shot after Femto uses his sword stroke to split Ganishka open. I don't think we've even seen him this arc. He's a resourceful guy and probably got away, but whatever he's doing, I doubt its following Guts' party. In any...
  6. llafnwod

What are you watching? (television thread)

The V.O. work for that show was seriously strange. I don't think I've ever heard so much murmuring and whispering on a TV program - I actually had to turn the captions on for some of Dracula's lines because I couldn't make them out over the distortion effects. Still, despite that and a little...
  7. llafnwod

LoachFish's doodles

Re: My doodles These are great! Schierke looks like an EarthBound character.
  8. llafnwod

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

That's true, but I think it supports my point. Guts' visceral (hehe) reaction to Zodd's transformation isn't just fear (already uncommon for him), but the feeling that such a thing is impossible. That's an understandable reaction for someone living in our world, where beings like that really are...
  9. llafnwod

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

As depressing as the thought is, I'm trying to imagine what the novel being "canon" would even mean in terms of the manga. "Guts! You and I are not so different, which you'd know if you'd read BERSERK®: The Flame Dragon Knight, available now at CDJapan and Amazon.co.jp!" This is interesting...
  10. llafnwod

What Are You Playing?

and animations. Everything seemed weirdly smooth in the trailer, which I don't think bodes well for keeping the tone you and others have mentioned. The colossi in the original felt unbelievably heavy, accelerating slowly and bringing their movements to sudden stops against the ground, and...
Top Bottom