Recent content by Matteo Metallo

1. Matteo Metallo

Movies you've recently watched

Mind you I've never dug deep on what the critics had to say about Joker, but I never once thought about Taxi Driver when I watched it. Now that you mention it I can see the gritty NY aesthetic being lifted, but the character of Travis Bickle and Joker just don't equate with me. Antisocial for...
  2. Matteo Metallo

What is Guts striking at in this picture?

I'm under the assumption that if Guts were to come face to face with Femto in the next couple of episodes his rage would be unleashed and the armor would be in full control, but this isn't the case with this image. I do think Guts will cross swords with Skull Knight at some point over his son...
  3. Matteo Metallo

Your plans for the future

I feel your pain, and hope the transition is quick and smooth. Moving is one of my least favorite things to do. My neighbors above me are equally as heavy footed which is beyond me, but tbh don't think that people who are like that can change unless they are mindful of their movements and work...
  4. Matteo Metallo

What are you reading?

Agreed, my apologies if my post sounded as if I was trying to make that correlation. I was not familiar with the hoax, nor was I aware that Doyle was an avid spiritualist who believed in fairies and attempted to apply a scholarly or academic approach to their existence. Just found it to be...
  5. Matteo Metallo

What are you reading?

I just finished "Photographing Fairies" and thoroughly enjoyed it. While quite different from the film (5 star gem imho), it is fundamentally the same story. The narrator and protagonist is someone I could easily relate to and found his tale to be endearing and poignant for lack of a detailed...
  6. Matteo Metallo

Shows You Can’t Stop Watching

Regardless of your thoughts on season 2, Windom Earle is probably one of the greatest characters/villains in US TV history. He is the perfect antithesis to Dale Cooper and well worth the soap opera leading up to him. Have not seen The Return yet, but expecting greatness. Editing this cuz I saw...
  7. Matteo Metallo

Your Favorite Albums

With that being the case I wanna add the following: Sleep - Holy Mountain Flower Travellin Band - Satori Gza - Liquid Swords Jimi Hendrix Exp - Electric Ladyland 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds Of... Syd Barrett - Barrett Swell Maps - Jane From Occupied Europe Alice Coltrane -...
  8. Matteo Metallo

Your Favorite Albums

Piper was the first album I had by them ironically because I was trying to find the track Echoes from Meddle. These were pre-internet days so I thought the extra long spacey psych track I heard by Pink Floyd was either Astronomy or Interstellar, so I grabbed it on cassette from Sam Goody's I...
  9. Matteo Metallo

Your Favorite Albums

No particular order, but here are some top-tier albums for me. Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn Amen Dunes - Freedom Nirvana - Nevermind Helmet - Meantime T.Rex - The Slider
  10. Matteo Metallo

Shows You Can’t Stop Watching

If I need background noise The Office and Seinfeld never fail, but if I'm Ed Norton in Fight Club then Red Dwarf and The Mighty Boosh help lull me to sleep. Two shows I can watch over and over and love every time is The Detectorists and People Just Do Nothing. Doc Martin and Broadchurch are up...
  11. Matteo Metallo

Berserk related username ideas

Lil Zodd
  12. Matteo Metallo

I may tune in, but have really checked out from football in the past view years. I would...

I may tune in, but have really checked out from football in the past view years. I would definitely like to see Brady win though. It's a testament to him being a solid and consistent player regardless of what program he's a part of. Never liked him when he was beating Baltimore, but can respect...
  13. Matteo Metallo

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

I have always loved a good harsh ambient take on music. A few years back I took a deep dive into Black Metal. There was a scene popping out of California with acts like Leviathan, Xasthur and Nachtmystium (sic) that caught my attention, which ultimately led me to the origins with Darkrhrone...
  14. Matteo Metallo

What are you listening to? (general music thread)

I know I have heard this one before but need to give it another spin, as it has been a while.
  15. Matteo Metallo

Movies you've recently watched

Just watched "Everything Must Go", with Will Ferrell. Really enjoyed it and thought Ferrell beat the typecast and convinced me with his performance. It tugged at my heart strings and most of the time a flick gets 4 out of 5 just for that reason.
Top Bottom