Recent content by puella

1. puella

Official SK.NET Cooking Thread

I've noticed food quality was lowered across the board after Covid. Food companies seized the opportunity to raise prices and decrease quality and haven't looked back. And sadly, even if you go to a bakery or the like, half the time they're selling industrial food, not fresh stuff. Given all...
  2. puella

I've finally finished my translation of Miura's interview in the Artwork of Berserk book. Miura...

I've finally finished my translation of Miura's interview in the Artwork of Berserk book. Miura defined Berserk as "a manga of the 1980s" that hadn't changed for more than thirty years, never following the current trends. He even said that long time readers were his companions. All of his...
  3. puella

In the interview from The Artwork of Berserk, Miura said he wanted to be healthy so that he...

In the interview from The Artwork of Berserk, Miura said he wanted to be healthy so that he could keep drawing for a long time. However, he was bothered that his working time was reduced because he exercised and lived healthily. He was always obsessed with the publication. It broke my heart to...
  4. puella

Scenes in Berserk that tug at your heartstrings

All the scenes you guys mentioned moved me much. However I have more! The story of Farnese and Serpico in their childhood. Farnese was an obnoxious girl but it broke my heart when she always kept her rabbit doll and shuddered at the thunder. The fear and loneliness of an abandoned child were...
  5. puella

I think Casca expresses her love quite actively while Guts doesn't. Me too, everytime the boy/demon child shows up, I become very emotional.
  6. puella

There are many heart-wrenching scenes in Berserk and I thought it would be interesting to share what moments moved us the most in that way. For me personally, I cried at these scenes... When young Guts was happy with the ointment Gambino gave him. When three-year-old Guts held the hand of...
  7. puella

Episode 373

Like many of you I've been really dismayed by the state of the continuation. As a result I've been seriously wondering whether I should continue translating the new episodes or not. On one hand, it's extra painful to experience this poor level of writing in Japanese, and then to have to...
  8. puella

Remembering Kentarou Miura

Miura-sensei, with your parting, I feel like the great era of manga ended. You had said you couldn't go enjoy the sakura blossoms that year. Your tree has been growing well. You must see the beautiful flowers... I'm sad thinking about you, but I'm happy seeing your drawings. As always, thank you...
  9. puella

Veganism

I think I was born to be a vegetarian or a pescatarian since I love vegetables and I don't like meat all that much. However, my body is such that there are many vegetables I just can't digest well, including all types of beans. So while I love vegetables, meat or seafood is essential for my...
  10. puella

Symptoms of climate change you've experienced

This year, in addition to the record heatwaves, I've suffered from the exceptionally strong pollen in Europe. I'm pretty sensitive to it but I've never had this level of allergic reaction before. It seems the general aridity greatly worsened the phenomenon. And it's not just me, I've heard from...
  11. puella

Do you feed wild animals?

I live in a small village surrounded by fields and forests. Thanks to this environment, I see wild animals regularly: tons of small birds, toads, lizards, bats, owls, kites and hawks... even the occasional weasel! I love to feed the birds especially, it's a great pleasure of mine. They were...
  12. puella

Episode 369

On my Patreon page, of course. I'm joking obviously, I wasn't trying to promote anything. I just want people to care about Miura. But that's what I meant: through the interviews he's given and the tributes of the people who knew him. There's many of them on the forum already and I'm working on...
  13. puella

Episode 369

Since the continuation started, I've come to expect frustration with each release, and now I've even gotten used to it. :judo: It almost feels like a tragicomedy, of which one of those ancient God Hand members reminds me. You know the one. Sometimes I think of it like a beautiful garden that...
  14. puella

Remembering Kentarou Miura

Miura-sensei, thank you very much for having created the immortal work. I miss you more and more everyday.
  15. puella

Episodes 365 & 366

Honestly, I was disappointed. I admit that I expected too much out of it. However I don't want to blame anybody. The assistants and Mori did their best for Miura and the readers. Now I see why everybody called Miura a genius. It's not an exaggeration. Nobody can copy a genius. "The...
Top Bottom