Recent content by residentgrigo

1. residentgrigo

Episode 358

I love how Griffith and Miura turn the perfectly innocent and valid topic of war orphans and refugees into establishing Starship Troopers type fascism (the book is even better than the film) in one single speech. This was also the most characterization he got in at least a decade. The rapid...
  2. residentgrigo

Episode 358

I have exactly one wish for this publication period and that is to finally see Griffith´s wedding. I still can´t believe that the Rickert arc didn´t feature it.
  3. residentgrigo

Twin Peaks Returns

Twin Peaks: The Final Dossier came out this week and it popery ties up Annie´s and to a certain degree Audrey´s story. A lot of the info within can be pieced together from S03 but this one is a sequel to it, unlike Mark Frost´s previous and much more labyrinthian The Secret History of Twin...
  4. residentgrigo

What are you watching? (television thread)

The Alt-Right (if that is the right term) is apparently trying to hijack the fan base and i can´t say that i am happy about all the fake drama Star Trek Discovery is getting. The pilot was a bit too in media-res and the lack of development for the charters who were only in ep.1+2 is noticeable...
  5. residentgrigo

New Berserk Anime for 2016

Here is sales data for the show, of the final volume too: 577 Blu Ray copies in the first week... with the promise of getting an even 600 in the second week, i guess. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-26/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-september-18-24/.121870 I would love to...
  6. residentgrigo

SkullKast: Episode 89 - Arrival [Vol 21 Review, Pt 2]

Re: Skullknight.NET Podcast: Episode 89 I actually met about 10 Berserk readers in RL, but it´s not that unusual to meet comic/anime fans. I introduced most to Berserk myself, so they don´t count. One sticks out though, as a 10 years younger girl who goes to the same university as me (i need a...
  7. residentgrigo

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

Aaz already confirmed my initial question if this is a LN or not, as Fukami wrote wrote such in the past. His confirmation basically killed any last interest for me. A few good LNs do exist (Baccano) but they are ultimately a very cheap way to start a franchise, as the fluffy conversation style...
  8. residentgrigo

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

I do have something final to say. I looked up where the anime exactly ended, to set a proper note on MU (Vol. 29 ep.249), and these madmen adapted 6 manga eps. this week. That´s 120 pages in a 20 minute segment. No wonder that none of it worked! A 3rd act Death Note ep. and Bokurano´s pilot once...
  9. residentgrigo

"The Story Continues"... just not in the anime, as S01E12 had VERY a different stinger at the end. It blatantly said, "Spring 2017: The next Arc Arrives" with a bit of teaser footage. None of that can be found here, so i am free of my curse. No more anime :ubik: . At least in form of TV seasons...
  10. residentgrigo

This week´s ep. was more coherent that the last, at least in the first half, so a 3/10 is it´s reward. I am back for something else though, even if Walter has the same hunch. I am putting in writing that the gang will just board the Seahorse after they meet Sonia. Roderick may have a cameo as...
  11. residentgrigo

No. 20 was the 2nd worst ep. the show ever had, so i couldn´t even bother to comment. I will admit that this ep. told it´s story slightly better but it might be the most awkward looking yet. It´s the most unfinished too. YouTube 3D animation tutorials done by 1 person look much much better...
  12. residentgrigo

Twin Peaks Returns

Twin Peaks: The Return came back in style! In a giant 4 hour chunk too and i also just found out that Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces exists. It and certainly the new season finally explain what the controversial prequel film was about. The new show is basically a 2nd and more... strictured (?)...
  13. residentgrigo

Miura's illustrations for the 2017 TV series Blu-rays

Can someone explain to me how the "+tax" thing works, as these are mostly factored into what you buy here in Germany. How much more will one realistically pay here. Just curious. "Only" 400 $ for 4 hours of content is such a steal after after all :troll: . (Most anime sadly cost this much...
  14. residentgrigo

Movies you've recently watched

@Walter Modern day Deadpool (post Joe Kelly) and the Liefeld version have almost no relation. The way the hack is trying to pass the work of someone else as his own is a new low for him. I have been filling the gaps in the works of my favorite directors, after having 1 year being taken over by...
  15. residentgrigo

What are you watching? (television thread)

I like American Gods more than the novel as of now, due to the Hannbal-esque style, and Better Call Saul slowed down (even more) in S03. It´s still a quality show, and a rare good prequel, but this season is slightly going in circles. Arrow S05 also pulled the usual trick of falling apart in the...
Top Bottom