Recent content by Ruhe Strom

1. Ruhe Strom

Movies you've recently watched

I'll put up some extended thoughts in a day or so when I've had a chance to think about it some more, but it really felt like Ridley either learned from Prometheus, or someone gave a good old tug on his leash. He might have got the impression that nobody really cares that much about where the...
  2. Ruhe Strom

Movies you've recently watched

Sorry for my extended absence, but I've returned to say that I quite liked Alien: Covenant. Crazy I know.
  3. Ruhe Strom

The Thread of Zelda

I'm starting to regret deciding to wait until Christmas to get a Switch. This is going to be a stressful eight months. If I last that long.
  4. Ruhe Strom

Has anyone developed any interesting accents for characters while reading?

Over the past week or so, I've been rereading the Lost Children and Conviction arcs, and was pleasantly surprised when I started imagining Guts talking with a husky Scottish accent (something akin to Dwalin's voice from the Hobbit movies, only a little younger). I found this really enjoyable and...
  5. Ruhe Strom

What is your favourite manga? (besides the obvious one)

If the scans are decent I'll give them a go. I'm always a bit dubious about not supporting official releases, but since there isn't one I can read, it can't be helped. We're talking Sunrise here so it's not as if their ocean of money will take much of a hit. I'll just buy that nice new GM...
  6. Ruhe Strom

2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

I thought it might be like Knights of Sidonia for which the CG animation improved significantly for the second season. I thought wrong.
  7. Ruhe Strom

The only other Gundam Manga I've read is the first volume of Thunderbolt I bought, which is great, if a little heavy on the soul. It's difficult to read if you're in the wrong mood, whereas Origin's more accessible. I've always meant to read Crossbone actually. Still waiting on an official...
  8. Ruhe Strom

Since many of you have referred to it fondly, and since I like Knights of Sidonia, I started reading Blame! a couple of days ago (a pal on my illustration course let me borrow his vol. 1 master edition after I swore to treat it with the utmost care). I gotta say, it's a real winner. The...
  9. Ruhe Strom

Movies to dread

Oh, fabulous. I never saw Resurrection. Funnily enough the game for it actually looks pretty good. Kinda low-key System Shock vibe. Maybe you should be. Perhaps the crew are a big fat metaphor for whiny fans clamouring for more of the same despite the fact that the format has lost its edge...
  10. Ruhe Strom

Movies to dread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svnAD0TApb8 Well it's certainly an improvement on that last trailer. A brief glimpse of something pale and new (albino Xeno?) as well as the typical (but considerably less Giger-y) design. Honestly though, it's not hooked me. I think we're looking at a solid...
  11. Ruhe Strom

Movies to look forward to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwy806RC2-Q Apart from the low frame rate that seems to plague CG animation, this is lookin' pretty sharp. I may have to start reading the manga.
  12. Ruhe Strom

Bill Paxton passes away aged 61

A statement from his family said “It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career...
  13. Ruhe Strom

Berserk Musou (PS3, PS4, PC)

How satisfying would you say the actual combat is Walter? In terms of sound design and how weapons impact on enemies I mean. I have some experience with the Gundam DW games, and the combat in those felt like it had no weight to it at all. I'd probably get more satisfaction from bashing two toys...
  14. Ruhe Strom

What Are You Playing?

It is our only prestigious exclusive. But as far as I'm concerned it's a disgrace and an insult that it wasn't released on other platforms for many more people to enjoy.
  15. Ruhe Strom

Interesting how you all noted One Piece. I always used to dismiss it as one of the 'Big Three' shows that all the anime fans loved in my high school (including Naruto and Bleach), while I was the edgy Evangelion kid. But I know a lot of folks that are still very fond of it, so I think I judged...
Top Bottom