Recent content by SleepersWake

1. S

SkullKast: Episode 102 - Barrier

You know, I didn't notice it at the time, but when you guys mentioned Casca's pose lying on the ground, there's something kinda wonky about her spine. Like the way her butt occludes the entire lower half of her back seems impossible without a pretty crazy bend. I'm not an artist but something...
  2. S

Episode 359

Just to add my two cents to the design of the sword, it's definitely supposed to evoke a celtic design, but kinda hybridized with a longsword to look more elegant, and to fit what we've seen of Casca's fighting style. As is common in fantasy, she fights with a single sword and no shield. If she...
  3. S

Is Berserk "perfect" ? What do you not like about it?

Thank you for the link to the interview, I was unaware of it. If you know of a good translation, this too would be appreciated. Since I don't know what the interview actually contains, I will refrain from commenting further on this, lest I make further uninformed statements. Aw feck. I forgot...
  4. S

Forgive the late reply, I realized I was having a bad week and it was bleeding into my internet-fun, so I decided not to log on for a while :p I think our disagreement kinda hinges on what actually constitutes a flaw. Honestly, I'm not sure what the best definition is, but I would like to put...
  5. S

I didn't say it was a flaw that broke the whole story. The OP asked if there were any flaws in or things we didn't like about Berserk. It's an interesting question given the untouchable pedestal we tend to put it on. I answered by indicating one small part of the story that I feel doesn't hold...
  6. S

Fair, I accept the reasoning for this being in character. I'm not sure I agree with you however on the point of how the author should approach a new reader. Any author has to be aware that the first scene they write sets the tone for the reader, and can reasonably expect that people will either...
  7. S

I think the opening shows its age a little. It demonstrates guts to be a hypermasculine psycho which, in fairness, he is at this low point in his character, but I don't really feel having sex with an apostle is consistent with the rest of guts' character. You can headcannon (hah) what...
  8. S

Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Dumb question maybe: is the first post in this thread actively updated to reflect current information? If so, what does it mean when it says the status of pre-publication is active?
  9. S

The Significance of the Brand's Location on the Body

Interesting topic! I doubt that there's an in-universe significance to the location. Walter's point about Guts' brand being always visible is also important, but I think there might be slight symbolic significance for Casca, Pippin an Judeau in that the location of their brand sort of represents...
  10. S

Episode 354

*long sigh*
  11. S

Inktober illustration of Guts in Berserker Armor and the God Hand

Nice work! That's a cool, unique depiction of femto's "helmet." Is he falling apart? Or is the texture of Guts' cloak sort of being superimposed on him? Something else?
  12. S

SkullKast: Episode 97 - Stonehenge [357 Review]

Re: SkullKast: Episode 97 I wonder, Aazealh, did you learn the word "dolmen" the same way I did? Cuz I learned from reading Asterix :serpico:
  13. S

Volume 40 release

Well I feel really foolish now :farnese: I was wondering why nobody was discussing it. Thanks for linking the prior discussion. In the context that it's used on every volume, I get why people like it less than I initially did - I thought it was making a thematic statement pertinent to the...
  14. S

Volume 40 release

I really dig the frame with its strong imagery of duality. The dove-like bird in the centre of the top border presumably represents the Falcon of Light, soaring ascendant among the clouds. Looks like it's mirrored by a bat-like creature under the words at the bottom, possibly a representation of...
  15. S

FloraCast Episode 2: Women's Berserk discussion

Thanks for stopping by to discuss - it may be a bit of a necro, but this is the kind of mature discussion that signed up for on these forums. Before I go on, I want to thank you for talking about where you're coming from. For one thing, I appreciate your candor, and I hope you get all the good...
Top Bottom