Recent content by The Warrior-Prophet

1. The Warrior-Prophet

What are you reading?

I'm not going to bother spoiler-texting anything. As much as I love this series, no one reads it, so no one will particularly care. The only kind of epistemic revolt I had with the series on that level was when Nil'giccas died. A sense of simply: this is not what is supposed to happen. He's the...
  2. The Warrior-Prophet

What are you reading?

Really?—Interesting. So are you just talking about Kellhus making Proyas the scapegoat for the Cannibal Ordeal, hanging him on the Arobindant to die of exposure or are you talking about his actual death scene, the reunion with Cnaiur and then the mercy killing from Moenghus? I think it's a...
  3. The Warrior-Prophet

What are you reading?

From what exactly if I may ask? Just curious what compels someone to go from loving a series to rage-quitting over the span of one book. I myself feel rather mixed on this novel, but the actual text, story beats, tone or thematic exigencies weren't anything different than what I would expect of...
  4. The Warrior-Prophet

What are you reading?

That's not quite true. It's the last published book in TSA as of right now. But there will be a third series that Bakker is working on currently. When Bakker was first developing this world when he was in college, the conclusion of The Unholy Consult was where he had envisioned ending his pipe...
  5. The Warrior-Prophet

Potential way to destroy the Idea of Evil—and some musings about the Eschaton

Sorry Walter, I'm not a mindreader—though that would be nice—and there is plenty of semantic content in what anyone communicates. Not sure specifically what 'that' you're referring to. Could you explicate a little bit more? It's my own fault but I suppose I view the God Hand and Idea of Evil as...
  6. The Warrior-Prophet

The God Hand would presumably have less power over controlling the causal web of existence after the Blast. Material reality is the most objective layer of existence in which substance denies desire—you can stare at a door all day willing it to open but it won't budge. But the higher you go on...
  7. The Warrior-Prophet

If material reality is the most maximally objective level of existence—because that's the only way that causality/determinism can work—and the God Hand are those who cheat and cheat and cheat to game the system to their designs and that of the Idea of Evil, then who has written the rules that...
  8. The Warrior-Prophet

Is anyone in Berserk accountable for their actions?

It's probably the most interesting contradiction that exists at the heart of Berserk. Determinism is usually predicated upon the lack of meaningfulness that exists in reality. Viewing everything in terms of mechanism, divorcing ontology from the mysticism of the past. Causality would probably...
  9. The Warrior-Prophet

I've always been dubious about the "makes suffering meaningful", even though it's straight from the mouth of 'god.' If humanity predates the Idea of Evil, then human beings possessed souls before the Idea of Evil's existence. Baked into the DNA of ontological existence was the schema that...
  10. The Warrior-Prophet

Whether the Idea of Evil is fueled by human souls that exist in a purely metaphysical sense or exist in material reality is the great uncertainty that I'm confused about. And the latter is the hinge upon which this argument swings, unfortunately. But I'm not a zealot, it was just what Henri and...
  11. The Warrior-Prophet

Pretty daunting for a first post, but I hope to acquit myself well. I had read Berserk two years ago, getting most of the volumes at the municipal library. Most—I own about 10 volumes that fill in the gaps, so I can't be the most rigorous with any rereads or citations. The idea for this post was...
Top Bottom