Recent content by Theozilla

1. Theozilla

Star Wars: Episode IX

I typed up my thoughts of the film on Twitter (if I feel like it later, I’ll transpose and format it to the forum post itself) Anyways this is what my tier list for favorite Star Wars movies (that I have seen) looks like now. 1st: VI and V (RotJ is my favorite, though I’ll admit ESB is better...
  2. Theozilla

Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Are the English and Japanese titles for Episode 358 going to be added soon, along with Episode 359 getting an entry slot added?
  3. Theozilla

Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

Hmmm, IIRC unless we get new episodes in both November and December, this year will have had the least amount of (non-zero) episode releases (4 in one year was the previous non-zero minimum right?).
  4. Theozilla

New four-part Interview with Miura on Future of Berserk and Duranki

Okay so from my understanding then, Miura did use pencils as part of his workflow even parts with the pirates then? After doing some forum searching, I think I better understand what the "pencil copy" method means now, as it sounds like Miura was referring to it as well during his French...
  5. Theozilla

Actually I have seen multiple parts of that documentary series, and it's part of what confused me in contrast to Miura's interview. As nearly all the mangaka in those videos IIRC, who weren't drawing fully digital, were using some form of pencil for the sketching, paneling/line-art stages of...
  6. Theozilla

Huh, I never realized Miura sketched with a pen as well. I always assumed sketching meant using a pencil by default, since you can’t erase pen strokes. Does that mean Miura’s original/traditional inking process used like a light box method? Since pen sketches can’t be erased.
  7. Theozilla

I think the one thing that I am still a little confused about is how exactly the "pencil copy" workflow differed from his prior traditional workflow. Because drawing something in pencil then going over it in a pen subsequently I thought was the standard art process for drawing comics/manga. Did...
  8. Theozilla

What I was confused about was, if "pencil copy" was referring to the entirety of his pre-digital technique work on the series, or if it was just something that had done for a (relatively) brief amount of time before switching to digital. And I thought he was saying full digital didn't allow for...
  9. Theozilla

Thanks so much Puella, that was a fascinating read. Though there is one bit I am still a little confused on. Is "pencil copy" referring to the work process he did before he went digital? Or is it referring to a specific hybrid method he used during the transition to full digital? And is he...
  10. Theozilla

Episode 359

I had interesting (albeit tense) discussion with a fellow friends/fan who was expressing disappointment that with the way Miura had constructed the current set-up to Casca’s recovery/capacity to address her trauma. Specifically, my friend felt that it was important for the narrative to have...
  11. Theozilla

Episode 359

This person on instagram just posted the full episode in low quality pictures. They apparently had a friend in Japan who got an early copy of this week’s Young Animal and sent them pictures. It’s in three parts
  12. Theozilla

Episode 358

Thanks! Just purchased my copy of it. Hakusensha doing same-day digital releases now is so convenient and great.
  13. Theozilla

Episode 358

14. Theozilla

Episode 358

Oh, so because this is a combined 9th and 10th of Young Animal, it contains not only the April 26th issue content and the May 10th content, but also it contains the previews for the May 24th issue, which would be part of a normal May 10th issue if it hadn’t been combined with the April 26th...
  15. Theozilla

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

Might it be required because even if the text is all Fukami, the base concepts/character(s) originate from Miura's work? I think the JJBA light novels do the same as well.
Top Bottom