Recent content by volatilecurry

1. volatilecurry

Berserk: The Motion Comic Episode 1 - The Black Swordsman (Part 1)

There's more to it than that. It's not like they were just trying to make a statement about the scene being out of character. The painted artwork on those pages are harder to cut apart, redraw, and animate than other pages normally are. There was doubt that they could do the scene without it...
  2. volatilecurry

Berserk: The Flame Dragon Knight novel

There's no doubt in my mind that this thing is simply the "merchandising ploy" that you describe. I'd have a hard time believing it's something that Miura personally thought up and planned around. My question is how much of a say Miura has on such things. Could he have outright said "no" to...
  3. volatilecurry

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more in my original post. Back stories haven't been obtrusive in the past and while I agree that the "back story gauntlet" that you describe in your second paragraph would be less than desirable, I don't think Miura is going to disappoint us now. He has yet...
  4. volatilecurry

I don't mind the existence of this thing as much as a lot of others seem to. I'm personally not interested in reading the back story of every one of the main apostles within the manga, I'd kind of prefer that stuff be off to the side and only consumed if/when you choose to do so. That said, if...
  5. volatilecurry

Status of Berserk's Pre-publication

I've been saying it'll be March for months. Looks like I was right! Looking forward to it for sure! I'm not expecting Casca's condition to be fully cured here, but we should learn a lot in this episode. At the very least, we dive into Casca's mind and learn about what exactly is going on in...
  6. volatilecurry

Berserk Guidebook

"Burkilaka" just sounds so wrong that it calls everything else into question for me. I'm assuming a lot of these names are simply translations of how they're pronounced phonetically, which puts us in the same boat as "Gattsu" -- which I guess they didn't use because they knew better. Is Locks...
  7. volatilecurry

Episode 347

It would be interesting if that were the case but that's not the impression I got from it. It looks more to me like what they're seeing is the way Casca generally perceives things -- in a warped and unclear way. Like instead of looking at a person and hearing all the words they say, she sees a...
  8. volatilecurry

Episode 347

What an amazing episode! A few scattered thoughts. The limp Dragonslayer hanging up to dry had me laughing. The Berserker armor speaking to Farnese was great too. The fact that it said "Don't prey!" tells me that that line really effected Farnese. I mean we already knew this based on what...
  9. volatilecurry

Episode 347

The Guidebook is looking great so far! I'm really glad I ordered one now. It'll be real nice when it gets translated too since it looks like there's a lot of info on the pages so far. I especially want to know what's written about Miura's workspace :guts: It also looks like one of those pages...
  10. volatilecurry

Episode 345

Thanks so much for the summary. So Isidro asks Guts to introduce him to the 100 man slayer and again Guts just ignores the reference. Maybe next time...
  11. volatilecurry

What Are You Playing?

I finally got Witcher 3 the other day and I have the next week off of work so I'm hammering way at it. I've been a fan of the series for a while and also read the books, it's a wonder it took me this long to get this game. It's amazing so far though and it really scratches that dark fantasy itch...
  12. volatilecurry

2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 2

I just find myself with so little to say after watching episode 2. This isn't the Berserk I wanted. The 3D sucks. The brief glimpses we get of hand drawn animation are nice but leave me wishing the entire show looked like that. I just don't know what they were thinking with this thing.
  13. volatilecurry

Is the "Eclipse" the proper name or the ceremony of Apostles and God Hand alike?

Thanks or the explanation. "Sacrificial ceremony" sounds good to me.
  14. volatilecurry

Is the "Eclipse" the proper name or the ceremony of Apostles and God Hand alike?

So this came up the other day and I realized that I'm not actually 100% clear on it. Is the Eclipse the name for the sacrificial ceremony that Apostles go through, or is that reserved for only God Hand members? I've called the event in volume 3 "The Count's Eclipse" for years but I'm realizing...
  15. volatilecurry

Berserk GA Arc Appreciation Thread

I really hated the movies when I first saw them. Episode 1 of Berserk 2016 has given me a new appreciation for them though... I still maintain that the first movie was a rushed mess and the other two cut too much and still had ugly CG. But movies 2 and 3 still felt cinematic and were more...
Top Bottom