2016 Berserk TV series: Episode 11

What did you think of the eleventh episode of the 2016 TV series?

• It was great.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Some problems, but enjoyable.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • It was bad, but had some redeeming features.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I hated it.

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
This is the official discussion thread for the eleventh episode of the 2016 TV series. Post your thoughts, impressions and reviews as you see fit.

DANGERDOOOOM

Rest In Peace, Kentaro Miura. We will miss you.
I felt this episode did a good enough job as a whole. Didn't really have that much choppy, amateur animation feel to it:

- Mozgus' appearance was less awkward than it would be. His fight with Guts was cool to watch fully animated.
- Zodd made his first appearance in the anime :zodd: Basically just an exact page shot from the manga.
- 'The pink jelly of screaming death' still ruins the whole horror/creepy factor I felt when reading it in the books.

This episode ended where I pretty much thought they would finish at. At this pace it makes me wonder how close to the end of volume 21 they will reach.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Episode title: Shadows of Ideas :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Another visual embarrassment for the penultimate episode of this animation.

sklaugh.gif

They made SK laugh.

azanhair.jpg

They forgot to give Azan hair.

On the bright side, it only took them 11 episodes to correct Casca's skin color in the opening:

cascacomparison.jpg

cascacomparison2.jpg

cascacomparison3.jpg

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well as I expected, they botched the fight against Mozgus. No move to try to break Guts sword. The part when the twins are trying to cut Nina in half is just ridiculous. Other then that I was still able to enjoyed the episode. I guess that after 10 episodes of mediocre to not that bad stuff gets you used to it. Not that it's a good but oh well.

I'm wondering now just how many fixes we'll see when these get to blu-ray. Still seems like they're patching up the stupidest visual and audio mistakes even near the end of the series. In addition, some claim that the blu-ray will include more "uncensored" material.

I mean, bald Azan is pretty funny and such a stupid mistake that there's no way these episodes have much of a QC department. Either that or they are still scrambling to polish these days/hours before airtime.

DANGERDOOOOM

Walter said:
On the bright side, it only took them 11 episodes to correct Casca's skin color in the opening

Wow! I didn't even notice that change. Why bother changing something they screwed up from the very beginning? What a pointless attempt at trying to put a band-aid on this anime so far in.

DANGERDOOOOM said:
Wow! I didn't even notice that change. Why bother changing something they screwed up from the very beginning? What a pointless attempt at trying to put a band-aid on this anime so far in.

Hey, at least it's indicative that they're probably fixing stuff for the Bluray release, as usually happens with anime nowadays. I don't know how much they can do since most of the problems are with shitty CGI and bad directing, but maybe they're recording new clanging sounds as we speak!

DANGERDOOOOM

Eluvei said:
Hey, at least it's indicative that they're probably fixing stuff for the Bluray release, as usually happens with anime nowadays. I don't know how much they can do since most of the problems are with shitty CGI and bad directing, but maybe they're recording new clanging sounds as we speak!

For ¥ 24,300 it better be the best clang I will ever hear in my lifetime :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Hey, at least it's indicative that they're probably fixing stuff for the Bluray release, as usually happens with anime nowadays.

It's nice that they fixed it, I suppose, but it means they're admitting it was a mistake, and not a stylistic choice for flashbacks. The running rationale until now was that she appeared lighter skinned because everything was blown out for the flashback effect. But clearly that's not the case -- it was just a goof all along.

Well this thing is almost over finally. Is the series having good reviews or a lot of viewers in Japan? I guess a continuation to this adaptation depends on this show and I have no idea how things are going over there.

Another week, another soulless episode of everyone's favorite anime. As always, nothing ever feels climatic. Not Guts impaling Mozgus in midair, not Mogus rising in his new form, not Guts' final victory over the zealot, not Gut hugging Casca...nothing. Things just happen, and scare chords, metal guitar riffs, or Hai Yo start blaring in the background. And those specter globs just look hilarious; I could not stop laughing with every extended shot that featured them.

Good on them for finally fixing Casca's skin in the opening. It only took them...what, nearly three months to notice something that everyone else picked up on before the series even aired to catch that?

The fight with Mozgus was incoherent. I didn't understand how Guts was able to move let alone swing his sword when Mozgus is basically standing in front of him. Those stone punches look like they would hurt a lot, or kill a man, especially if you're hit in the head. I feel like a normal man would have been savagely beaten by that attack but Guts barely moves ... or they forgot to animate him; it's hard to tell with this show.

Walter said:
On the bright side, it only took them 11 episodes to correct Casca's skin color in the opening:

cascacomparison2.jpg

cascacomparison3.jpg

[/center]

holy shit this looks horrible! Yeah they darkened her skin tone but it looks over done now and obviously fake. The top one with Casca is the worse offender. Her skin does not even look like real skin with this change. It looks hideous now. They should have just left it alone because in both cases (but mostly the first one) it just looks like the eerie unnatural lighting was responsible for the washed out "whitish' look to her skin. The second one I don't know why they bothered because, though lighter, it still looks like Casca has an olive complexion but the lighting is just very bright and floresnt looking. Her skin tone does not even match the rest of the shot now...and did they make her lips a darker pink as well? They should have just well enough alone. I guess they got too many death threats from fans for the opening sequence. I was not even seriously bothered by it because I figured since these were flash backs the coloring would be warped to give off a dream like quality. Not now...

Also I they managed to mess up the embrace Guts and Casca share when he finally gets a hold of her. :rickert:

Top Bottom