Adding a Calendar to the forum

guuuuuuuuts

Excited for the next chapter!
I was wondering about adding a Calendar extension to this forum. Specifically one that allows posts to be linked to calendar events + allows users to subscribe on their client devices via ics format or similar. Not sure on exact plugin, but I was looking at this one (supports ics format). I don't honestly know much about whether you are running version 1 or 2 of Xenforo, plus have never set it up myself. I do see multiple calendar plugins are available, both paid and free, but unsure on which one is the best option.

I'd love a calendar to specifically track pre-publication status of Berserk + any other associated events from my mobile device & local calendar.

Thanks for considering!

pic001-jpg.139967

pic006-jpg.139972

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's not that adding a calendar would be hard, but it wouldn't be very useful. We have a thread for episode releases, and aside from that there aren't many (any?) regular events we would keep track of.

any other associated events
Do you mean events like the exhibition that’s coming at the end of the month? You’ll have to visit sk.net anyway if you want to view photos of it and if you have a ticket for it there’s no need, too.

For episode releases it’d make more sense if they’d get released more often. As it is now, new releases are so rare that it makes them “big events” and even if you forget about checking Berserk news, chances are you maybe missed one episode total.
It’d definitely use it, though, as it is a nice feature, the question is if it’s worth Aaz’s or Walter’s time to implement that. Most regulars check the site so often that their benefit of it would be slim, I guess it’s more for people who only come for the releases and other big news.

Top Bottom