Avengers end game and berserk reference

I just finished avengers end game a second ago, this is not a spoiler but I'm sure we have a eclipse reference, if someone watch the movie and see it please tell me that i'm not crazy

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but this is what people said for Infinity War, and I didn't agree at all.

Obviously I haven't seen it yet, but this is what people said for Infinity War, and I didn't agree at all.
It's an aestethic reference than other thing, when Griffith was in the lake with the total eclipse at the back? It's so similar to be a coincidence

I just finished avengers end game a second ago, this is not a spoiler but I'm sure we have a eclipse reference, if someone watch the movie and see it please tell me that i'm not crazy
If you're talking about the soul stone planet then I'm absolutely sure that was the intention

Last edited:

The same thing happened in Infinity War and... I mean, they both had the characters sitting in a lake holding something... with the eclipse behind them... and they both had the whole "sacrifice someone dear to you to gain... something"

But i don't know, i think it was just a coincidence.:shrug:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

You're not crazy to think of it as a Berserk fan, it's superficially similar visually and somewhat thematically, so it's impossible for us Berserk fans not to see it. BUT, the key there being "Berserk fans," because it's not like everyone would generally get it as a reference or tribute, and no guarantee the Russos or the writers even know Berserk and meant it as such. It's still general enough, eclipses, finding something in a body of water, that it could just come down to a similar background making it seem like more than coincidence. Otherwise, it's not like the context is even the same; the eclipse and object appear after the sacrifice, and the mode and meaning of discovering it is completely different if not opposite, the means versus the end. We're connecting dots and filling in blanks that aren't necessarily there because of essentially confirmation bias for Berserk: it looks like a similar, sort of, scene from Berserk therefore it must be referecing that scene from Berserk... or it just looks like it. The only way to know is to ask the Russos.

TL;DR It's reminiscent enough to possibly be a reference, but could also just be a coincidence; two scenes adjacent to a sacrifice having a similar setting/background.

Last edited:
Top Bottom