Band of the Hawk Membership Contest

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
@Clara_de_Porras has been recruiting Twitter users to the Band of the Falcon. She's not very specific, but hints that if she gathers more followers, they might have a chance to be in the credits. You can get more information on this membership here: http://www.berserkfilm.com/members/ The catch, in my opinion, is what that membership "costs."

This application will be able to:
Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.
Of course, you could always create a fake account just for membership purposes.

Anyway, she says something will be announced regarding this on 8/15. We might be getting some more information or pictures of something on that date. Or it might just be the next step in her PR campaign.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Anyway, she says something will be announced regarding this on 8/15. We might be getting some more information or pictures of something on that date. Or it might just be the next step in her PR campaign.

That's when the campaigning will start.

For now they're "recruiting members for the Band of the Falcon" on Twitter. On August 15 a contest of sorts will start for those who will have joined. You'll have to get a high position within the Band of the Falcon. It'll go like this: beginner, member, leader of 10, leader of 100, and finally leader of 1000 (Casca's title). Those who reach the highest position will have the opportunity to be in the movie's credits.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
More info from Clara de Porras about their little twitter game:

If you join the Band of the Falcon, after the August 15 you'll have access to a page called "My Page" on the official site. The contest will start on that precise day, even though "My Page" might not be available right away. People who join before August 14 will get 200 pts right away. Those who do after the 15th will only get 100 pts. Casca got her title as a leader of 1000 soldiers by fighting. But you can get it by collecting points. If you get a higher position, there are many offers to get (digital privileges, special images, invitations to events) in addition to the final goal of being credited in the movie.

Oburi

All praise Grail
So because I'm already following her on twitter does that mean I have to join the Band of the Falcon on that day and I'll be in the contest with 200 points?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
So because I'm already following her on twitter does that mean I have to join the Band of the Falcon on that day and I'll be in the contest with 200 points?
Following isn't enough. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you have to authorize your Twitter account through berserkfilm.com. Go here: http://www.berserkfilm.com/members/ and click on the button with the checkmark next to it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Following isn't enough. As mentioned earlier in the thread, you have to authorize your Twitter account through berserkfilm.com. Go here: http://www.berserkfilm.com/members/ and click on the button with the checkmark next to it.

Thanks for the clarification, Walter!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Looks like the special members area is open now. I'm tweeting away but my points aren't going up! I want to be grand supreme commander of the Twitter realm! I want my name plastered all over the Berserk film credits [if that is indeed what's happening].

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Looks like the special members area is open now. I'm tweeting away but my points aren't going up! I want to be grand supreme commander of the Twitter realm! I want my name plastered all over the Berserk film credits [if that is indeed what's happening].

Well I like their new interface. And they even translated the Members page in English, nice! Now I'm not sure whether I should tell you guys more about this, in order to build a lead... :troll:

Anyway Gobs, in order to rack up points, you have to post from the official website. Simply tweeting from your account won't work. Also, only one action per day per method of posting (MyPage or the Twitter link on the main page) can earn you points. I just posted and it works, though I added a #berserkfilm hashtag only to notice afterwards that they automatically added one as well (looks like you did the same thing, as did many others :ganishka:). It won't be too hard to reach the rank of Junior Commander, but for "Senior" and the supreme one after that... Who knows. The "random bonus campaigns" will be determinant in the end. As a reminder, the 100 highest ranked members will have their name added to the movie's credits. So far so good, I'm ranked). :iva:

The first bonus is a wallpaper of this scene that Griff captured. Nothing to write home about.

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Fuck Yeah!
Im 5th:

8z0g9z.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused... everyone has 351 points. What gives people a higher rank? The time they achieved it?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I don't really get it. But then again, I don't actually use twitter, I'm making my girlfriend use her account to follow this :guts:

I really want my name in the credits :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
awesome. you made it to the top 10 Aaz. :)

I even made it to the top three, but the list moves very fast obviously. There won't be any real gap between members until the special events begin. Personally I'll be satisfied as long as I'm in the top 100, and even that seems pretty ambitious to me given my nonexistent Twitter activity.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
Damn you alphabetical order, damn you!

Alphabetical order has nothing to do with the ranking, otherwise I'd be first. See what I told Walter 3 posts ago.

Rhombaad said:
I'm confused. What's the difference between MyPage and the Berserk Film web site?

"My Page" is a specific page on the Berserk Film website on which, once you've identified yourself through your Twitter account, you can access a number of personalized features. Currently it shows one's ranking, the total number of people registered (1886 right now), the "medals" earned and an option to post a message on Twitter directly from the page, different from the Twitter button present at the bottom of every page on the site.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Truder said:
Who else is going for it? Walter? Griffith? anybody else on the list?
Nah, it's not for me. Though I'm pretty active on Twitter, I just feel too old for this contest stuff. The chance to be one of 100 names listed at the end of the anime adaptation isn't something I feel like dedicating consistent time towards. Now, my series of YouTube videos depicting the various assassinations of Maggie Chow in Deus Ex. THAT's more worthy of my time!

Top Bottom