Band of the Hawk Membership Contest

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Truder said:
Who else is going for it? Walter? Griffith? anybody else on the list?

Honestly, I forgot. =)

Now I'm behind, and I already figured the odds were so long it's not worth the time, especially if it has anything to do with twitter followers/how many people you can reach, etc.

Besides, how do I know yet if I want to be directly associated with this adaptation anyway? :griffnotevil:

X

Xem

I didn't sign up either but I'd like to thank those who did, so you can share all your bonuses with me. :troll:

I'm willing to bet someone around here will be dedicated enough to win... or whatever.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Yea yea.
I'm willing to share info and stuff so we can all get ahead.

Please stop pretending you have anything to share, and clarify your statement about bonuses so we can explain to you what you're not understanding.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Please stop pretending you have anything to share, and clarify your statement about bonuses so we can explain to you what you're not understanding.

I'm not pretending. I'm sorry for being vague, but I don't know how to explain it since it was explained to me. I'll try to get more details though. All I know is there was a Japanese message that popped up and after using an unhelpful google translate, it awarded an 20 extra points when clicked. I thought that might have been a bonus, otherwise I don't know why the extra points.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I'm not pretending. I'm sorry for being vague, but I don't know how to explain it since it was explained to me. I'll try to get more details though. All I know is there was a Japanese message that popped up and after using an unhelpful google translate, it awarded an 20 extra points when clicked. I thought that might have been a bonus, otherwise I don't know why the extra points.

Please give more details yeah, because I'm not really sure what you're referring to. So far it doesn't look like the "bonus campaigns" have begun, so I don't know of any way to get extra points personally, and neither does anyone within the official ranking as far as I can tell. I think you may simply be referring to the Twitter button at the bottom of the website. If so that's really no secret and I explained it to Rhombaad earlier in the thread.

Oburi said:
Too bad my twitter name isn't Oburi :-(

It is now I changed it to Seiren_Oburi today

Aazealh said:
Please give more details yeah, because I'm not really sure what you're referring to. So far it doesn't look like the "bonus campaigns" have begun, so I don't know of any way to get extra points personally, and neither does anyone within the official ranking as far as I can tell. I think you may simply be referring to the Twitter button at the bottom of the website. If so that's really no secret and I explained it to Rhombaad earlier in the thread.

He had gotten the information from me. I have been the one to do the twitter contest for him since he is new to the Twitterverse. When I had read on the site it said that she (Clara) will post bonuses on her twitter account and you can send her a DM to get bonus points. On her twitter account she will write in Japanese every once in a while with a question. I had thought that was a bonus because when I checked on our points the next morning to tweet from the site itself he had more then the night before. Therefore, I had thought it was a bonus. I may be wrong but I don't understand where the extra points came from. The points you are given are 11 for sign in, 20 for a tweet from the mypage and 20 from the berkserkfilm.com page. Am I correct? If this is true and that's all you can get that I am aware of then how did we get more then 51 points in one day??

p.s. Oburi said I should say "Hello, I'm new and this is my first post." So, Hello, I'm new. Nice to meet all of you and this is technically my second post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seiren said:
It is now I changed it to Seiren_Oburi today

Hahaha, so "his" Twitter account is yours basically. Why am I not surprised. :iva:

Seiren said:
When I had read on the site it said that she (Clara) will post bonuses on her twitter account and you can send her a DM to get bonus points. On her twitter account she will write in Japanese every once in a while with a question. I had thought that was a bonus because when I checked on our points the next morning to tweet from the site itself he had more then the night before. Therefore, I had thought it was a bonus.

Nah it's not what she said. The bonus campaigns haven't started yet. On the Members page it's indicated they'll be announced via "the Berserk official twitter", which I think actually means https://twitter.com/berserk_project and not https://twitter.com/Clara_de_Porras. We'll see, but either way I don't think contacting her directly will do anything at this point. Rather, to hand out some bonuses (and not points) she might contact people via direct messages, which is why it's important to follow her. As for her questions, they are not related.

Seiren said:
I may be wrong but I don't understand where the extra points came from. The points you are given are 11 for sign in, 20 for a tweet from the mypage and 20 from the berkserkfilm.com page. Am I correct? If this is true and that's all you can get that I am aware of then how did we get more then 51 points in one day??

You're correct, but don't forget that the time of day for the contest is based on the Japanese time zone: UTC +9 hours. So the reset for the points happens every day at 15:00 (3 PM) UTC (midnight in Japan). Where you live that corresponds to 11 AM. It's probably what's confusing you here.

Seiren said:
p.s. Oburi said I should say "Hello, I'm new and this is my first post." So, Hello, I'm new. Nice to meet all of you and this is technically my second post.

There's no obligation to introduce yourself, but hi anyway. Welcome!

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, so "his" Twitter account is yours basically. Why am I not surprised. :iva:

hahaha Well I've been on twitter with my own account for over two years so it was easier this way I guess. I have gone over how to use it but it just seems simpler this way. haha

Nah it's not what she said. The bonus campaigns haven't started yet. On the Members page it's indicated they'll be announced via "the Berserk official twitter", which I think actually means https://twitter.com/berserk_project and not https://twitter.com/Clara_de_Porras. We'll see, but either way I don't think contacting her directly will do anything at this point. Rather, to hand out some bonuses (and not points) she might contact people via direct messages, which is why it's important to follow her. As for her questions, they are not related.

That makes sense then. I was trying to figure it out on my own because I wasn't a member on here so I was going about it blinded. I was wondering why her questions wasn't making sense! :slan:

You're correct, but don't forget that the time of day for the contest is based on the Japanese time zone: UTC +9 hours. So the reset for the points happens every day at 15:00 (3 PM) UTC (midnight in Japan). Where you live that corresponds to 11 AM. It's probably what's confusing you here.

I was actually thinking that the time difference was part of the reason figuring that its a contest ran from Japan and everything!

There's no obligation to introduce yourself, but hi anyway. Welcome!
Thank you! and Thank you for clearing a lot of things up for me. It's not easy when your just given the site and it's all in Japanese! haha.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seiren said:
Thank you! and Thank you for clearing a lot of things up for me. It's not easy when your just given the site and it's all in Japanese! haha.

No problem. Just so you know, I asked Clara when the bonus campaigns would begin yesterday. She didn't answer, which doesn't surprise me since I wrote in English, but at least I put it out there.

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Rhombaad said:
...and I've already lost interest. :ganishka: That took less than a week.

Well well, looks like the hype didn't last that long..!

Anybody here still going for it? Who's got the most points? Come on guys, we need at least one winner from SK!

( hum, I'm not participating though... :badbone: )

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
Sammoniac said:
Well well, looks like the hype didn't last that long..!

Anybody here still going for it? Who's got the most points? Come on guys, we need at least one winner from SK!

( hum, I'm not participating though... :badbone: )
I'm 3rd with 912 points.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sammoniac said:

I've got 912 points, like all of the guys going at it seriously. But again, until the special campaigns start this doesn't mean much. Most of the ranked people have the same amount of points.

Anyway, they added a cool little feature on MyPage today: the ability to post with an avatar bearing the medal corresponding to your rank on it.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I'm really tired of being slightly higher in rank early on and then my rank diminishes as the day goes on. I want the bonuses soon! I want to be able to get ahead! FOR REAL ahead!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
I'm really tired of being slightly higher in rank early on and then my rank diminishes as the day goes on. I want the bonuses soon! I want to be able to get ahead! FOR REAL ahead!

I guess they're pruning the ranks to see who's dedicated enough for now. Either that or they're lazy. :iva:

Anyway, it's more profitable for them to keep the suspense going. If some people got too far ahead too soon, the others would rapidly lose interest. By keeping us all waiting and hoping, they're guaranteed to have their tweets every day.

Top Bottom