Beherit Analyzation

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Hmm, sacrifice me this, sacrifice me that...
Zoddo is still pretty mysterious as far his past is concerned,
however, a striking thought came to me, and it's even connected to the subject of this thread.
So, whoop there it is:
So far, we have seen the beherit used when some blood was poured onto the thingy, and it summoned god hand and so on... BUT!!!! und dis is ein big BUTT!!!
WHAT IF blood wasn't the only key? What if something like tears of desperation and sadness, or compassion, summoned the "other" angels (here I go again with my "good god" theory). Maybe those were the angels that messed up gaiseric's kingdom. Boh, it's dumb an all, but it's speculation allright...
think of that. ;)

M

Majin_Gatsu

Very interesting ...  However, I don't see any signs that point to the existence of a "positive" version of the god hand.  Also blood is not the key .... you need a sacrifice to summon the god hand.  The behilits are artifacts of evil.  There is no debating that really ... and whether or not that they can be used for "good" has yet to be debated.

I do believe, however, that there are forces of "good" in the berserk world.  The fairies, for instance (I know this was mentioned before).  I'll be interested to see what sort of deity the fairies follow ... and what kind of power she/he/they hold.  Maybe there are keys, similar to behelits, that grant power to the righteous.  Maybe that's how Skullknight became how he is.  Although I have a feeling that if such artifacts do exist, then they would be very rare.  Evil is definately the dominant force in the world of Berserk.  I do see, however, a hint of purpose behind all this... I mean, the god hand does not do all this for nothing ...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I'm not sure you need a sacrifice to call them...

Yep, I'd agree...the egg apostle got a visit without blood. But I'd press for blood. Wasn't the Count on the brink of suicide?
Since it was the first volumes, maybe it was still undefined...but I doubt it...

M

Majin_Gatsu

It definately seems that the emotion that all apostles have in common is desire ... and desparation seems to be what activates the behelit. Then the god hand appears, and solicits their services, if you will. One thing that is ambiguous though, is whether of not the god hand can be resisted or refused once they have been summoned. If anyone could resist them, it probably would be Gatsu, because he seems to exist outside of the influence of fate.

M

Majin_Gatsu

Yeah, I remembered that after I posted :p I'm way too eager to post sometimes :-[

Top Bottom