BERSERK emoticons!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grail said:
Regarding Slan, I can't think of much I'd personally want to change, but I'd be happy to hear any suggestions!

Slan's fine. I've been meaning to look at its animation to maybe smooth it out, but that's all. I don't think the Beast of Darkness emoticons need big changes either.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
New cheesy grin Serpico :serpico: . It's quite an improvement over
serpico-old.gif
, I must say.

And new sad young Guts :sad: , to be used as a frowny face vs.
guts-sad-old.gif

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Wow, these are some impressive improvements! Serpico's hair looks strangely 3-d to me (in a good way). Just wanna reach out and touch it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
A new emoticon is always cause for applause! :ubik:

This little guy was trickier than I thought he'd be. Getting the clapping animation just right for his tiny little hands took a lot of time. But I think he turned out great.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Oh wow! I've been hoping for an Ubik icon since... forever! I didn't think that it would be possible with such limited pixel space, but the little guy looks terrific. :ubik:

Very much in his own different dimension of awesome from the rest. :ubik:

Now it's only poor Conrad who's been left out. Any chance we'll see one for him in the future?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Now it's only poor Conrad who's been left out. Any chance we'll see one for him in the future?
I have a draft of him, but the problem is that the only distinct thing he emotes is his "ho ... ho ... ho." But, we already have that in a way with :ganishka: And if anything, we already have too MANY emoticons, so I really can't repeat them.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Jaze1618 said:
I don't know how this would translate into actually designing it, but what a about manaical hand wringing conrad emoticon?
I like that idea. It could be a "just as planned" emote I guess. Don't know how hard it would be to scale that down to emoticon size though.

HeavyWeather

Heavy Rainfall Activated
Walter said:
And if anything, we already have too MANY emoticons, so I really can't repeat them.

You can never have too many fandom emoticons!
I agree that not repeating them is a good way to go though. In any case, every icon created is muchly, muchly appreciated! These are lovely. :beast:

Walter said:
I have a draft of him, but the problem is that the only distinct thing he emotes is his "ho ... ho ... ho." But, we already have that in a way with :ganishka: And if anything, we already have too MANY emoticons, so I really can't repeat them.

Ah, a shame. You're right though, there isn't much else Conrad could be used for. And the wide variety is great though, don't worry. Bravo on creating so many and keeping them creative. :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
He__y___er. ... You guys need to find a way to differentiate your names!

Regarding Conrad, I may end up including him as a hidden emote, since it would only have a contextual relevance. I do have one more emoticon in the pipeline that's nearly done. It's an update to one of the more popular ones.

After that, I'll likely take a break before making any more. I still have many ideas, for instance I think Roderick would be great to have in the lineup, but the past three months have been emoticon-heavy, and I'm getting a little burnt out. Thanks for the praise though! :farnese:

These things have become somewhat of a hobby of mine, so I hope I'll be able to make many more. It sounds cliche, but I couldn't make them alone. Aaz's and Griff's advice and help in animating them have been critical in making sure they convey the emotions properly while still resembling the character. I've said it before, but it should be said again, for every one emoticon you guys end up seeing, there are dozens of variations and failures, often with dramatic revisions.

(
mozaninew2.gif
vs. :mozgus: ;
femto1.gif
vs :femto: ;
farnese-ani1.gif
vs. :farnese: ;
magnifico6.gif
vs. :magni: )

Those misfits would probably pass the quality test on OTHER sites. But not SKnet. :badbone:

Yeah, these are the best emoticons I've ever seen on any forum, no doubt. Makes me wonder what you do have next for the lineup...is it a member of the Neo Hawks?

He__y___er. ... You guys need to find a way to differentiate your names!

I was here first! :azan:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Makes me wonder what you do have next for the lineup...is it a member of the Neo Hawks?
I only have about 2-3 more ideas in my head right now, just not the will to make them happen. I'll get there.

(PS: :irvine: = Page 2 SNIPER! :ganishka:) Not. :azan:

Long time bump, I know, but if you guys ever get the urge to make more emoticons, I'd kill for an equivalent of >_> or ;;>_>

Hopefully posting this doesn't get me in trouble <.< I so love these emoticons~

Think of it sort of like a shifty face one uses when feeling guilty or mischievous. I see it used a lot but it really stuck with me after playing FF11 for so long (It's a variation of some of the many many emoticons eastern Asians use)

(<_<) or (;;>_>) the second is a face almost sort of panicky looking to the right with sweat marks.

Here's a good explanation: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%3C_%3C The examples given on that page are pretty good ones.

Wiki has it listed as: "shifty, suspicious; could also be sarcasm or irritation"

Dude 1: Man, Superman 64 is like the best game ever
Dude 2: <_< >_> Whatever you say dude.

I guess it's not as well known as I thought, but I find so many uses for >_> on any given day.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
Wiki has it listed as: "shifty, suspicious; could also be sarcasm or irritation"
I guess it's not as well known as I thought, but I find so many uses for >_> on any given day.
Yeah, that's why I'm disinclined to make an emoticon for it. The definition isn't very specific. I like the emotions conveyed to be very clear in the emoticons. I think we already have one for shifty/suspicious: :schnoz: and the sarcasm/irritation is: :schierke:

No spilled milk either way, just had to throw my suggestion out there just in case since it's one of my favorite expressions.

I will say that I see :schnoz: as less sneaky and more exclamatory, but maybe that's just me? More of a surprised or caught of guard emoticon.

I really do love these emoticons, you guys have done a great job.

Top Bottom