Berserk Hiatus for 19+ Weeks—A New Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
4awi.jpg

Any good and positive translations for this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oscured said:
4awi.jpg

Any good and positive translations for this?
If you want a translation, find the original text and not an image capture. Just from looking at it, seems the guy was thanked for asking, but instead of getting an answer, was asked to check out the Issue 19 interview we already knew about, and part 2 would be out next.

Gobolatula said:
No. 2? January?
No, that is not what it says.

People if there were an actual date, it wouldn't be tucked away in a tweet reply from September to a Brazilian fan group....

I'm actually getting really excited. If Miura is taking a break to work ahead, hopefully that means big happenings are on the way, and he wants to be able to put out episodes without interrupting it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Heisenberg said:
I'm actually getting really excited. If Miura is taking a break to work ahead, hopefully that means big happenings are on the way, and he wants to be able to put out episodes without interrupting it.

We've known that Miura was "taking a break to work ahead" from the very beginning. That's what all publication breaks are usually for, actually. As for releasing episodes without interruption, that's pure conjecture.

Aazealh said:
We've known that Miura was "taking a break to work ahead" from the very beginning. That's what all publication breaks are usually for, actually. As for releasing episodes without interruption, that's pure conjecture.
I'm aware. I just mean that with this long of a break, I'm hoping he has something good in store for us. I mean he usually does, but you know what I mean.

I know it's 4chan and the possibility of it being fake are high...but by god does it look really real :p Here's to hoping that it is! A new short series would seriously explain the long hiatus. Please be real, PLEASE :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RaffoBaffo said:
I found this on 4chan, it's 99,9999% fake (well, it's 4chan)

Hmm, though it's suspicious that no news came from anywhere else, it would honestly be rather difficult to fake something of the sort. That drawing style looks like Miura's, and the typography is that of YA.

Also, to give some details, this image says that a new series comprised of 6 episodes (the first of which would be 44 pages, with a color page) will be published in one run, and that said series depicts the world 100 million years after the current story. In other words, it seems to be a side-story to Berserk more than something totally new.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I doubt the new series takes place in Berserk's world, otherwise they'd have said so explicitly instead of stating it's "all new". Very interesting nevertheless.

From what's on the page, the title could be "Gigantomachia" (referring to the battle between the Olympians and the giants in Greek mythology).

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aazealh said:
said series depicts the world of Berserk 100 million years after the current story.

ASOIJDOEIFHWEIFHOWIFHOJKL COOL

True or false, what a great idea. :carcus:

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Femto!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Big news and all we get on it is a partially scanned magazine ad from 4chan? Seems legit.

I've seen no chatter about it anywhere else, so I'm disinclined to believe it as things are. Of course, the lack of talk could be because this is from an advanced copy of the next issue of YA (Due Nov. 8 ). We'll see in the coming days.

Uncertainty aside, a scifi story from Miura? Fucking rad!

Though I'm a bit disappointed at there being no new Berserk episodes in immediate future, it's nevertheless still very refreshing to see Miura trying his hand at something non-Berserk related for the first time in 20 years :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
this is from an advanced copy of the next issue of YA (Due Nov. 8 ).

I'm quite sure that's the case. Exceptionally early, but then again the news is worthy of such a leak. :guts:

Johnny Apples said:
Though I'm a bit disappointed at there being no new Berserk episodes in immediate future, it's nevertheless still very refreshing to see Miura trying his hand at something non-Berserk related for the first time in 20 years

Yeah, and Berserk's serialisation will resume afterwards, so it's not so bad. Gigantomachia's publication should end mid-February, so Berserk will probably be back in March. While that may seem long on paper, compared to the current break it's not so dramatic, and I think we should all be pretty excited to get a new story from Miura.

It's also interesting to know what he's been working on during that time, a new story, maybe to take a breather from Berserk only so he could come back to it with full creative force?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Shit. Created a topic in Berserk Miscellaneous for this. Anyway.

My wife let me know her colleague posted this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-03/berserk-manga-to-resume-after-miura-runs-6-chapter-mini-series

This year's 22nd issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine is announcing on Friday that Kentarou Miura will launch a brand-new original manga mini-series called Gigant Makia. The six-chapter story is set in a world 100 million years in the future, and it will begin with a 44-page chapter with a color opening page. Young Animal adds that Miura's Berserk manga will resume after his new mini-series.

Hakusensha published the 37th compiled book volume of Berserk in Japan on March 29. Dark Horse Comics will publish the same volume in North America in December.

Really interested to see what Miura will conjure with this mini-series.

Aazealh said:
From what's on the page, the title could be "Gigantomachia" (referring to the battle between the Olympians and the giants in Greek mythology).

If ''giants'' means Miura's own interpretation of mechas, i'll be the happiest man in the universe :guts:
Anyway, I'm really excited to see his creative mind and skills at work for something fresh and outside his daily routine.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
I'm quite sure that's the case. Exceptionally early, but then again the news is worthy of such a leak. :guts:
Yep, the last time I can recall such a thing was leaked this early was :SK: vs :femto: .

maybe to take a breather from Berserk only so he could come back to it with full creative force?
That's my belief--this is a way to get his creative juices flowing again, and maybe also explore an idea he had while it's still fresh instead of shelving it. Afterall, Miura's worked on Berserk alone for the past 24-25 years.

Uriel said:
My wife let me know her colleague posted this: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-11-03/berserk-manga-to-resume-after-miura-runs-6-chapter-mini-series
I know you're just relaying the text, but they spelled the title wrong. It's Gigantomachia (the ch sound is the same as in Deus Ex Machina, which is why the Katakana is spelled that way). As Aazealh noted, it's also based on a real term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantomachy

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Walter said:
I know you're just relaying the text, but they spelled the title wrong. It's Gigantomachia (the ch sound is the same as in Deus Ex Machina, which is why the Katakana is spelled that way). As Aazealh noted, it's also based on a real term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantomachy

Yurp - looks like they updated it to Gigantomakhia from an alternate spelling. Looks like they took the katakana literally in the first draft.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow This sounds awesome. To think that the almighty Miura will not only be doing a new separate story but the fact that its science fiction is the great news. With what the unparalleled imaginative force that is Miura has brought to the ultimate fantasy Berserk, I can't even begin to fathom what he could do within the realm of scifi.

As long as he remains productive, I think he is doing the right thing.
I'm sure he's fond enough of Berserk to eventually keep it going. I recently bought some berserk artbooks,
Really excited for his new series as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom