Berserk manga released in Argentina

Hi all!

Panini Comics has released Berserk vol. 1 in Argentina. I just bought mine and I wanted to show you what it looks like.

We've been waiting for a while to get a local version, and I have to say I'm quite glad with the quality of the volume (compared to other manga available here)

Volume:
This edition has a Dust Cover with Guts on the front and The Brand on the back and the volume cover itself is the double page spread of Guts fighting the skeletons (with a red duotone filter)

Some pictures:

Translation:
I was afraid they wouldn't do a good job, but overall everything looks in order. Names have their correct roman letters (except maybe Kentaro instead of Kentarō) and I think they found a good middle ground between neutral spanish and "argentinian spanish", which is a nice touch.

Price:
The price is quite good! $280 ARS, with as of today equals $6.3 USD (but this will of course change, taking into account our economy)

Vs. DarkHorse:
Size and quality of paper/ink is better in the DS edition. Dust Cover and Cover art are better in this edition, IMHO.

Let me know if you wish to know anything else.

See ya!

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Nice ! And what does the spine look like? Curious to know how this edition would look on a shelf.

(I guess that's another edition to add to your wishlist jackson_hurley! :ganishka:)
Damnit! I'll never be done with this project! It really is a superb edition from the look of it. Shall I work on that one? Since it just started, it wont ruin me quickly! :slan:

Wow, that looks fantastic! Is this strictly a black and white printed release or are there color pages? Just curious.
Yup, black and white all the way.
Here's a photo of a "regular page" (left) and "color page" (right):

Finally! Where did you buy it? I'm from Argentina too, papá!
That's awesome, titán! I bought it at a comic store here in Santa Fe.

$280 is pretty cheap!
It is, isn't it? Dark Horse's are around $600 in bookdepository (free shipping). Let's hope they stay below $300 for as long as possible:shrug:

That's awesome, titán! I bought it at a comic store here in Santa Fe.

It is, isn't it? Dark Horse's are around $600 in bookdepository (free shipping). Let's hope they stays below $300 for as long as possible:shrug:
I hope I can find it in Capital Federal, and I hope it hangs around in that price too. Now my life has meaning, I MUST have ALL OF IT.

Yup, black and white all the way.
Here's a photo of a "regular page" (left) and "color page" (right):
Fair enough. Looks great regardless! I occasionally buy foreign manga releases of some of the series I like (recently bought a few of Spain's Dragon Ball Full Color releases). Maybe in the future I'll pick one of these up. Thanks for the info!

Wow these look great, specially a fan of the duotone cover. :isidro: It's a shame that the colored pages are in the typical black and white but oh well. Can only hope it gets released where I am from as well so more people can enjoy it too

Hey guys, I have a question.

At the end of the first episode of the first volume "The Black Swordsman", Pucks says something as he sees Guts walking away from the battle with the Snake Baron.

Dark Horse translation: "Berserk..."
Panini Comics Argentina translation: "Un guerrero cruel..." (which translates to "A cruel warrior...")

If anyone has the original version of this episode, could you please tell me what does Puck say in Japanese?

I mean, does he actually say "ベルセルク..." ? Or were DH guys just trying to print the title of the manga in the first episode because they thought it was cool?

Thanks!

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
At the end of the first episode of the first volume "The Black Swordsman", Pucks says something as he sees Guts walking away from the battle with the Snake Baron.

Dark Horse translation: "Berserk..."
Panini Comics Argentina translation: "Un guerrero cruel..." (which translates to "A cruel warrior...")

If anyone has the original version of this episode, could you please tell me what does Puck say in Japanese?

I mean, does he actually say "ベルセルク..." ? Or were DH guys just trying to print the title of the manga in the first episode because they thought it was cool?
Hi Arles,

Puck says "...狂戦士..." with "ベルセルク" added as furigana to indicate how it should be pronounced. So yes, "...berserk..." is the proper translation for that line. You should know that in English, while it's not the most common form for it, "berserk" can be used as a noun in addition to being an adjective. For example: "he's a berserk". It's interchangeable with "berserker". That is how Miura uses the word in the manga. That's also why we say "the Berserk's Armor".

Regarding the Argentinian edition, "...un guerrero cruel..." is a mistranslation. It's not at all what the line (the word "berserk") means.

A shame Panini added their own spin to the translation, since a)it was already spelled out for them with furigana in the source material and b)it's such an emblematic moment.

Thanks for the answer!

Top Bottom