Berserk Resumes April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The long-awaited return of Berserk will happen in Young Animal #8, due out April 11.

First reported by forum member LOicos:

LOicos said:
Resume in Young Animal #08 (11/04).
From Young Animal #06 (14/03).

And was subsequently reported by ANN, which included a confirmation image:
LOicos said:
Look like info is out :
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-10/berserk-manga-slated-to-resume-on-april-11

The last episode of Berserk to be released was 333 in December 2012. Miura then took his longest break in the series history--1 year, 3 months--during which he published the 6-issue miniseries Gigantomakhia, which ended in February. An additional bonus episode is due out on March 14.

This is a historic occasion for Berserk fans.

Joe wake up!! Berserk is back!!!!!!!!

ME
xzElFLu.jpg

Great way to start off dead week, thanks for the update Walter.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Amazing way to start off a week that also started with finishing True Detective and Stick of Truth and getting Dark Souls 2.

I think I really have to brush myself up on the last few episodes or maybe even volumes. I was not giving them full attention until I knew I had more Berserk coming soon. Might as well reread completely again since you guys are doing the podcast reread.

Thanks for the news LOicos and Walter. Equally excited to read the last episode of Gigantomakhia as well (fingers crossed we get to read more in the years to come).

Dar Klink said:
I think I really have to brush myself up on the last few episodes or maybe even volumes. I was not giving them full attention until I knew I had more Berserk coming soon. Might as well reread completely again since you guys are doing the podcast reread.

Definitely rewarding to read those early volumes and listen to the podcast. In my experience I have missed on picking a thing or two in those early volumes and the podcasts have given me more info and a better understanding of those events. We're incredibly fortunate to have the likes of Walter, Griffith and Aaz share their perspectives on that level.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It almost seems like a question that tempts fate, given all that we've been through as fans over the past 3 years, but what do you guys expect to see for Berserk in 2014?

Will we make it to Skellig? (I start conservative)
See the Elf King?
Find out more about Puck?
Will the Skull Knight be there?
Will we get a hint about the resolution to Casca's troubles?
See Rickert and Griffith have a chat?
Find out an inkling of what the God Hand are up to in this new world?
Introduce a new member of the group?

Personally, I think we'll get as far as the Elf King this year. That would be nice, anyway. There's still so much to accomplish at Elfhelm, I imagine Miura is going to take his time with it. And the same can be said of Falconia. It's such a loaded circumstance, rife with possibilities.

As we've reiterated time and again on the podcast, we're at the precipice of huge developments in the series. It's only a matter of when we'll begin seeing them unfold. Here's hoping we get a glimpse at some big stuff this year!

Im really anxious to see all those points you listed unfold, but especially the Rickert and Griffith and the God Hand one.

And yeah, theres so much happening and so much to explore, the possibilities are theoretically/seemingly limitless.. Thats gotta be a pretty daunting yet invigorating commitment for Miura sensei. I hope he wont burn himself out.

First off thanks for the info LOicos & Walter! I'm pretty pumped to see what Miura has in store for us. I'm equally excited for that bonus episode of Gigantomakhia as well.

Walter said:
what do you guys expect to see for Berserk in 2014?

I actually agree with you Walter that we'll get to the Elf King this year. Obviously we'll see inside Falconia, but how much? I'm thinking a couple episodes. I'm not sure if we'll see the chat with Rickert and Griffith just yet, i feel like Griffith is gonna be too busy to chat with him or there'll just be something in the way for them to not have that kind of chat quite yet.

Maybe after a beautiful yet small tour of Falconia, Raban will take Rickert to reunite with his old leader and "friend". Rickert will ask him about what happened but before Griffith can answer Charlotte walks in.. maybe even with the Pontiff, and Griffith will tell Rickert that they'll delay that chat for later and that's where we'll cut to Guts & Co. reaching Skellig. :guts:

I also think we'll learn a little more about Puck. I see the crew arriving and everyone in Elfhelm reacting to Puck's return like "Oh god he's back.. *sigh*" :puck:

I'm going to make a few surprise predictions/things I hope to see in 2014, in keeping with Walter's itemized questions.
1. Finally, we see Skellig, but the peace doesn't last long because Falconia's forces are on the way.
2. With the help of the Elf King, Casca regains herself, Farnese and Casca both have to confront their new roles and relationship with Guts.
3. Rickert at first is ambivalent about what to do in regard to Griffith, until he realizes staying in Falconia means pitting himself against Guts & co.
4. I'm not predicting a new group member, but very possibly the demise of a group member. Sooner or later we're going to get a darker arc, and I don't think the God Hand (well, at least Slan :slan: ) are going to let Guts' suffering end anytime soon.
5. Isidro will continue being the most underrated character who people aren't mentioning enough! I also hope/predict his relationship with Guts, and the parallel with Guts' relationship to Gambino, is explored more in depth.

Ben said:
I'm going to make a few surprise predictions/things I hope to see in 2014, in keeping with Walter's itemized questions.
1. Finally, we see Skellig, but the peace doesn't last long because Falconia's forces are on the way.
2. With the help of the Elf King, Casca regains herself, Farnese and Casca both have to confront their new roles and relationship with Guts.
3. Rickert at first is ambivalent about what to do in regard to Griffith, until he realizes staying in Falconia means pitting himself against Guts & co.
4. I'm not predicting a new group member, but very possibly the demise of a group member. Sooner or later we're going to get a darker arc, and I don't think the God Hand (well, at least Slan :slan: ) are going to let Guts' suffering end anytime soon.
5. Isidro will continue being the most underrated character who people aren't mentioning enough! I also hope/predict his relationship with Guts, and the parallel with Guts' relationship to Gambino, is explored more in depth.

Those are good points, though I also hope to hear and see more of Silat. He's had a very privileged point of view of some of the most significant events in the story, and I'd love to see how things will move forward for him: either choosing a faction or remaining aside watching things develop.

Walter said:
It almost seems like a question that tempts fate, given all that we've been through as fans over the past 3 years, but what do you guys expect to see for Berserk in 2014?

Will we make it to Skellig? (I start conservative)
See the Elf King?
Find out more about Puck?
Will the Skull Knight be there?
Will we get a hint about the resolution to Casca's troubles?
See Rickert and Griffith have a chat?
Find out an inkling of what the God Hand are up to in this new world?
Introduce a new member of the group?

Personally, I think we'll get as far as the Elf King this year. That would be nice, anyway. There's still so much to accomplish at Elfhelm, I imagine Miura is going to take his time with it. And the same can be said of Falconia. It's such a loaded circumstance, rife with possibilities.

As we've reiterated time and again on the podcast, we're at the precipice of huge developments in the series. It's only a matter of when we'll begin seeing them unfold. Here's hoping we get a glimpse at some big stuff this year!

So call it wishful thinking on my part, but I'm eager to see it all. Let's get to the end of that list by the end of 2014? Unlikely. But... I hope.

Walter said:

Yeah, these types of predictions the last few years never seemed to end well. I'm just thankful that the end of this Berserk dry spell is in sight. There are so many things to look forward to and each new episode brings us closer.

Arles said:
Those are good points, though I also hope to hear and see more of Silat. He's had a very privileged point of view of some of the most significant events in the story, and I'd love to see how things will move forward for him: either choosing a faction or remaining aside watching things develop.

Yeah I wanna see more Silat too. Something about him having been in the manga ever since the Golden Age is really intriguing to me somehow.

Its kinda too early to make speculations about it, but could perhaps be a potential addition to the team down the line? ...I take it Im not the only one thats been toying with the idea. Then we got those exotic Tapasa as well. They got an interesting visual design, granted they´re not exactly at the center of the plot but I hope we´ll get some more of them too anyway.

Ben said:

I always pictured a (/the inevetable) battle taking place in the regions of Falconia, but who knows. Would be interesting to see Skellig having some threat(s) from the result of the merging, time for another fairytale entrance perhaps?

With the help of the Elf King, Casca regains herself

I bet this is Miura´s biggest challenge at this point. Im not even trying to predict anything here, I know I wont be able to figure out whats gonna happen anyway. Im not very eager for him to rush this particular process though, he can take all the time he wants with this, Im sure we´ll get something epic in the end, but I dont predict to see this go down already this year. Im more eager to see the world at this point.

Rickert at first is ambivalent about what to do in regard to Griffith

Rickert will definitely be interesting to follow, I have no idea what Miuras got in store for us here, but I cant wait to find out. Also Im fiending to see some more Apostles, had nothing special in mind though, just some neat cameo would be nice.

I'm not predicting a new group member, but very possibly the demise of a group member.

I´ve thought about this before too a lot. The more I imagine it I think it´d play such a big part in relation to the rest of the story´s elements, its gotta be the right time and fit the circumstances with the drama the story requires/can handle at this stage. I definitely wouldnt mind the arc getting darker but for some reason I dont think we´ll see a death anytime soon imo.

I also hope/predict his relationship with Guts, and the parallel with Guts' relationship to Gambino, is explored more in depth.

Yeah I´d like to see some more development on this too. Perhaps it sounds cheesy in theory like this but would be nice to get another page like the one with the old BotF and the new group but with Gambino/Guts and Guts/Isidro. More like a positive kinda glimpse than the melancholy you felt back then...or something...idk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ben said:

Many have predicted such a thing for years, but to me this has always seemed like a shortsighted view of the possibilities awaiting on Skellig. Sure, eventually these two forces are likely to come into conflict, but let's not rule out that there are likely many other stories to be told on the island itself before we get to the giant war of good versus evil. Personally, that unknown factor is what excites me about Skellig--not the known quantity of an impending conflict.

Don't forget Schierke, but of course she's mostly reconciled her relationship. Quite a different thing with Farnese, since her feelings have seemingly only intensified. She'd better not break Roderick's heart :puck:

But that's just the sideshow--what her restoration will mean for Guts and their child is the big lingering question, to me.

Shouldn't take too long to reach that conclusion... Maybe a few panels? More likely his decision will rest on how best to keep Erica safe.

Calling for a major character to arbitrarily die without precedent sounds a little morbid to me. And the way you've worded this makes it sound like the God Hand are actively hunting Guts down just to torture him, which just isn't the case. Guts was in Slan's realm when she manifested.

Honestly, I'm not sure there's much left to tell regarding that parallel. Guts has long since distinguished himself from his father-figure. He isn't a cruel master like Gambino. So unless Guts gets drunk and tries to assault Isidro in his tent, I think those parallels are done. But more scenes with Guts and Isidro training? Sounds awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom