Bill Paxton passes away aged 61

Ruhe Strom

'Moon Pie... what a time to be alive."
A statement from his family said “It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,”

“A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker.

“Bill’s passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable. We ask to please respect the family’s wish for privacy as they mourn the loss of their adored husband and father.”

Hudson's one of my all-time favourite characters, so the passing of this awesome guy is a real stinger.
Rest in peace Mr State-of-the-badass-art.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Paxton, like Michael Biehn, has seemingly always been on my radar stemming from his work with Cameron: Terminator, Aliens, True Lies, Titanic, so I always knew to expect a treat when I'd see his work outside of it, Big Love most prominently, but also Frailty, A Simple Plan, Apollo 13, and even bit roles he added a little something to like in Edge of Tomorrow. And of course his starring role in Twister, which is what it is, but at the time was a huge blockbuster that felt a lot more akin to Jurassic Park than hindsight gives it credit (it also had two best actor winners in it and is the only reason every kid from the 90's knows what a storm chaser or an "F5" is =). Anyway, sad news, particularly under the circumstances.

Of course, no Paxton conversation would be complete without mentioning one more thing, and I wasn't going to, but when I told my wife Bill Paxton died, she genuinely asked, right on cue, "Oh no, he's the one from Independence Day, right?" No, as the above film career attests, Bill Pullman was lucky to ever be confused with you, Mr. Paxton. Hopefully you're in a better place where this won't happen anymore.

Bill Paxton
Not Bill Pullman
May 17, 1955 - February 25, 2017
"Game Over, man!"​

16903420_698546603640744_6810025654240674212_o.jpg

Top Bottom