Casca’s Bloodline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing how Casca started as a slave & with all the similarities, does anyone think she could possibly be a part of the Kushan bloodline ?

Casca was not a slave, just a kid from a poor family. And there is no indication that she has Kushan origins.

To how Kushan are mostly slaves toward the beginning & through most of the story.

The Bakiraka are an exiled clan that was banished by the Kushan emperor long ago, but they aren't slaves, and Kushans in general aren't "mostly slaves" either.

MerlinTheMage

“Because Humans are Afraid of Unknown Things..”
The Bakiraka are an exiled clan that was banished by the Kushan emperor long ago, but they aren't slaves, and Kushans in general aren't "mostly slaves" either.
Thank you for your insight Aazeealh! I never thought the Bakiraka were slaves though, I was just wondering why we see so many Kushan slaves compared to most other races. But what I really want to know is if we know of any other races that show the same characteristics that our Casca has, with the hair and dark skin. I related it to the Kushan because I can’t find any other races that look like her. I would love to know your thoughts.

Casca was not a slave, just a kid from a poor family.
Also, when she was sold to the rich noble, would that make her a slave? Even if it was a pretty short time.

Also, when she was sold to the rich noble, would that make her a slave? Even if it was a pretty short time.
I'm pretty sure she was being taken to be a servant and not a slave.

On a more goofy note, calling Casca a slave because of this would be the same as calling Guts a male prostitute because of Donovan incident. And Gambino a pimp. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I never thought the Bakiraka were slaves though, I was just wondering why we see so many Kushan slaves compared to most other races.

You are not remembering the story correctly. We see Kushans being treated as slaves in Vritannis. That's one time. What other occurrence are you thinking of?
By the way, we also see Midlanders being treated as forced fighters by the Kushans on the battlefield (and then shot in the back). And we see their women being subjected to weaponized rape or fed to beasts while still alive.

But what I really want to know is if we know of any other races that show the same characteristics that our Casca has, with the hair and dark skin. I related it to the Kushan because I can’t find any other races that look like her. I would love to know your thoughts.

You're approaching this from the wrong perspective. Kushans aren't a race, they're a country. Casca's family is shown to be from Midland, or at least the Midland border. Not from the Kushan empire. Berserk is a work of fiction that focuses on telling a story around specific characters, it doesn't aim to give the reader a comprehensive view of the world it's based in. I'm sure there are many more people with dark skin living somewhere in Berserk's world, but we don't need to see them because it's not relevant to the story. Beyond that, people with dark skin don't form a specific race, that's an outdated concept.

She was reluctantly entrusted to the noble with the promise that she would become a maid and therefore would have a decent life. She was not sold as a slave. You really ought to re-read the story if that's how you remember it.

MerlinTheMage

“Because Humans are Afraid of Unknown Things..”
You are not remembering the story correctly. We see Kushans being treated as slaves in Vritannis. That's one time. What other occurrence are you thinking of?
In all honesty this is my fault & you’re right, I’m not remembering correctly. The thing was that I was reading volume 29 & I’m in Vritannis seeing Kushan slaves and thinking I’ve seen more of them but looking back I can’t find them! Thanks for the correction.

Berserk is a work of fiction that focuses on telling a story around specific characters, it doesn't aim to give the reader a comprehensive view of the world it's based in.
Too many times I start thinking of Berserk like it will write out the history of everything in the world it’s set in. But I forget it’s telling the story around Its characters much more.

She was reluctantly entrusted to the noble with the promise that she would become a maid and therefore would have a decent life. She was not sold as a slave. You really ought to re-read the story if that's how you remember it.
Another mistep on my part, once again forgetting her family sold her to have a better life. I feel like I have to apologize for this thread because I feel more & more embarrassed that I didn’t take into consideration some of the things you guys said, things I should know as a fan of the series. With this being my first post on this forum I hope I’m not written off as someone who doesn’t respect or understand the core of Berserk. I would say this thread has been a learning experience as I will do more research with anything I bring to the forum.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
With this being my first post on this forum I hope I’m not written off as someone who doesn’t respect or understand the core of Berserk.

It's Ok, don't worry. But yeah it's usually recommended to check up on the facts before making a thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom