Chris Benoit (Pro Wrestler) found dead

Aeglos

This happened today, I have no idea how my girlfriend stumbled upon this a few minutes ago:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Poisoning? Suicide? Murder?

I'm not a big fan of Pro Wrestling, but I remember spending my afternoons with a couple of friends some years ago watching RAWisWAR and Smack DOWN, it's was funny and entertaining as hell though we knew it was all as fake as a nuclear potato baker.

Sad to hear about this, it must be a tremendous shock for their relatives.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Its on every major wrestling site along with Foxnews . Even their young son was dead. :judo:

He was one of my favorite wrestlers as well, when he was still in WCW and part of the Four Horsemen, it was awesome.

A lot of people are wondering if this isnt an angle being done by the WWF (Screw that WWE shit).

To be taken with a grain of salt but someone had written on the Wiki site for him that he had stated that he needed to go home for a family emergency and that his family was spitting up blood.

If this was the case and if I were him, I would have called the ambulance in the area of his home and had them pick up my family if they are spewing up blood. Also people are assuming that if they died because of this blood spewing that maybe he committed suicide =(

EDIT: Looks like maybe Foul play was involved....

Police say they will investigate Benoit deaths as homicide

Associated Press

Updated: June 25, 2007, 9:09 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. -- WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Chris Benoit

AP Photo/WWE, HO

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son were found slain in their Georgia home.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

I no longer have any respect for a man I once saw as a Hero. Over a 14 year poird I looked up to his man. Only till recently do I resent the time and energy I spent walking in his foot steps. This is a hard lesson of how one may htink they know a person they never met. Benoit can roit and the empire he built in wrestling can crumble, along with all the repsect he forged along the way. Benoit is a horrible example of a idol or hero. He is lesson to been seen of a man gone wrong. :puck:

I see no light in the shadow he created.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Death May Die said:
I'm a Indy Pro Wrestler. Chris Benoit was one of the core inspirations to my dream to be a prowrestler. My 9 years wrestling would not have bee possible. I'm shocked, depressed, and decimated from his untimely passing. Even more horrible his family was taken to. With the pass of Eddie a few ago, I find pro wrestling already a dimmer place. RIP Chris and Thank You. :judo:

Thank You so Much.

Hate to burst your bubble but they are saying now that its a Murder/Suicide.. he killed the wife then the kid then himself.

www.wwe.com

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Hate to burst your bubble but they are saying now that its a Murder/Suicide.. he killed the wife then the kid then himself.

www.wwe.com

Wow, that's pretty messed up. Still at first when they said a wrestler was dead I thought it might have been a wrestler from UFC or Pride or something, but it's just that kind of wrestler. Such is life.

Still, poor wife and kid.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow. What a douchebag. I don't see how anyone can respect someone who murders his own wife and child.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Uggh... now reports are saying that he was pumping his kid with Steroids before he killed him... also Benoit had Roid Rage which prompted the killing... meh. :judo:

He was really impressive in the "rasslin" ring but this just makes him into a total douche and then some.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
New speculation in the media is saying Benoit's son could have inherited his mental retardation (called Fragile X, as in the X chromosome, a form of autism) from his father's steroid-fucked gene pool. Interesting if that was his motive in killing him.

This whole story is so morbid, and it goes deeper and deeper...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:

The guy killed his wife and kid because his son had autism? I have family friends that have children with autism, fuck, it actually can be taken care of with proper treatment.

I met a person once that has a type of autism that is curable through therapy and he was saying how it's like being trapped in your own body.

Chris Benoit is just a fucking shit bag rotting in hell as we speak.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
The guy killed his wife and kid because his son had autism? I have family friends that have children with autism, fuck it actually can be taken care of with proper treatment.

I met a person once that has autism and he was saying how it's like being trapped in your own body.

Chris Benoit is a fucking shit bag rotting in hell as we speak.
I just noticed your little quote below your avatar.

Them be fighting words ye nancy boy! :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
The guy killed his wife and kid because his son had autism? I have family friends that have children with autism, fuck it actually can be taken care of with proper treatment.
I think the issue is that his lifestyle/steroid use COULD have been the cause of his son's suffering.

Walter said:
New speculation in the media is saying Benoit's son could have inherited his mental retardation (called Fragile X, as in the X chromosome, a form of autism) from his father's steroid-fucked gene pool. Interesting if that was his motive in killing him.

You know, when people use the phrase, "He's retarded," or "That's so retarded," I usually don't say anything. In fact I sometimes use it myself.

However, to clarify, being a carrier for Fragile X has nothing to do with abusing steroids. I know this because I am a carrier for Fragile X. It was passed along to me by my mother and was passed along to both of my sisters as well. None of us manifested retardation, and therefore we had no idea we were carriers for the disease. We only found out when my sister had her children who sadly were not spared by the genetic lottery. To this day my sister said she took the bullet so that the rest of her siblings could have normal children someday. It's not something I'd wish upon anyone. The scary thing is 1 in 3600 men are carriers for this disease.

I am more fortunate than my sisters because if I have children someday, my son won't get my buggy X chromosome. Men can only pass along either an X (girl) or a Y (boy) when conceiving children. Therefore, Benoit could not have been the carrier for the disorder. His wife was the carrier and she did not know this. Female carriers are created when men pass along their buggy X chromosome to their daughters.

The only way you can fuck a gene pool is by interbreeding for multiple generations.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
OmegaSeamaster said:
However, to clarify, being a carrier for Fragile X has nothing to do with abusing steroids. I know this because I am a carrier for Fragile X.

That was the only insightful part of this entire thread. Thank you =)

Top Bottom