Coldsnap

S

smoke

FUCK WISCONSIN.

You wanna know what my life is? Huh? It's eighteen degrees below zero. On a thermometer in Wisconsin, it would say "-18". With wind chill, it's something like -28. This means that if the temperature increased by FIFTY DEGREES it would still only be around freezing.

This area of the earth is unsuitable to sustain life.

Why do I live here? It is cold.

Is it cold where you live?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Seattle's been having a bad winter this year, although not anywhere near as bad as Wisconsin, apparently. I swear to God, if spring doesn't come early this year, the groundhog is dead. :puck:

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
I also... live in... Wisconsin...
*looks around, embraces quickly*
YOU! YOU'RE A DEGREE WARMER THAN ME! YOOOU! GET OVER HERE.

Sigh. It really is cold. So very cold. I remind myself that I'm not in Alaska when it's like this... But that's like saying "I might be poor, but I have both my feet to eat, unlike Stanky Jack in the next trash can!"

Our summers are nice... I think. It's getting so hard to remember the color green.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
It was pretty sunny and (relatively) warm today over here near San Francisco. 60 degrees or something. And generally, the coldest it gets is enough to just frost grass.

Jeez, now I just feel guilty. :judo: Anybody want a sweater?

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
a few days ago I checked a thermometer on my house to find that it was -16F at 7am

as of now its only about -3, so Im optimistic about the future

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably because I only have to be out in the cold for ~2 minutes in any given day, but I've actually been enjoying the ridiculously freezing weather recently. :guts:

It's a nice change of pace, seeing snow out here in the-middle-of-nowhere Tennessee. I think the lowest it's gotten here is ~10F though.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I have to walk to and from classes, or drive just over ten miles to go to town if I want to visit friends or do anything. Basically, I've been fairly cold lately and I envy you.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Winter is my favourite seasons... and America has not let me down so far this year! For me, it's a case of "The colder, the better.." and it just keeps getting colder! :guts:

Wow, yea when I walk to classes...I feel like I won a free vacation to Hoth. And I've noticed my iPod headphone wire is all gravy when I get out of my car and by the time I get to my class after walking outside for only like 5 mins...they're stiff as hell. (Totally unlike me btw :carcus: )

Posted by: Walter

It's probably because I only have to be out in the cold for ~2 minutes in any given day, but I've actually been enjoying the ridiculously freezing weather recently. Guts

It's a nice change of pace, seeing snow out here in the-middle-of-nowhere Tennessee. I think the lowest it's gotten here is ~10F though.

I didn't realize you lived in TN. I live in Nashville myself. I used to read meters for a living, and the worst day I had it was 10 degrees. I was outside for 6 1/2 hours and it rained all day because it was too cold to snow. All the damn salt and crap to walk through. I walked 18 miles that day and couldn't feel my hands. Water proof boots? Trust me, they are only waterproof for maybe 30 minutes. :puck:

- C

It's been frigid in my area lately. I was outside for maybe 5 minutes last night and the hair in my nose froze up. It got into the single digits last night, hasn't reached the negative luckily. The wind fucking sucks though. It's 20 right now with a windchill of -12.

Bleh! So much for global warming! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's 2°C here, meaning 35.6°F.

SpectralSorrows said:
It's been frigid in my area lately. I was outside for maybe 5 minutes last night and the hair in my nose froze up. It got into the single digits last night, hasn't reached the negative luckily. The wind fucking sucks though. It's 20 right now with a windchill of -12.

Bleh! So much for global warming! :puck:

Actually, global warming is likely to cause a new ice age as shown in THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
C said:
I didn't realize you lived in TN. I live in Nashville myself. I used to read meters for a living, and the worst day I had it was 10 degrees. I was outside for 6 1/2 hours and it rained all day because it was too cold to snow.
- C
Jesus, man. I had no idea Nashville took their parking meters so seriously. I've never payed for one in my life :guts:

I moved to Columbia around August of last year, working at the Daily Herald there as a staff writer. Look for my boring articles about new Spring Hill traffic and weather every day!

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
yep, also from chicago area (aurora) frigid weather for the past week or so, plus about 2-3 inches of snow today, and I'm walking through it all to get back and forth from classes....not so fun.

Spring is coming soon....right????

S

smoke

Aazealh said:
Actually, global warming is likely to cause a new ice age as shown in THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW.

Man, global warming gets credit for warming trends, cooling trends, tornados, floods, hurricanes, and maybe someday earthquakes.

It seems like any extreme weather is now pinned on global warming.

Posted by: Walter

Jesus, man. I had no idea Nashville took their parking meters so seriously. I've never payed for one in my life Guts

I moved to Columbia around August of last year, working at the Daily Herald there as a staff writer. Look for my boring articles about new Spring Hill traffic and weather every day!

HA! I work for the electric company. A couple of years ago I read meters, you gotta start somewhere. I'm working on an Electric Engineering degree, which they pay for, and then they will make me an engineer. :serpico:

I go to Spring Hill in a blue moon. Is there really nothing to do there? :???:

- C

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
C said:
HA! I work for the electric company. A couple of years ago I read meters, you gotta start somewhere. I'm working on an Electric Engineering degree, which they pay for, and then they will make me an engineer. :serpico:
Ohhh POWER meters, not parking meters... You're telling me those little, arcane spinning things actually provide useful data? :isidro:

I go to Spring Hill in a blue moon. Is there really nothing to do there? :???:
No, it's a cool little town. Pretty scary how fast Williamson Co. people expanded there though. 300% growth in 3 years is insane, even on a national level. They're building a SUPER TARGET there now with a 30-theatre movie GIGAPLEX. Soon it'll be more than suburbs next to cows.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SMZKAH said:
yep, also from chicago area (aurora) frigid weather for the past week or so, plus about 2-3 inches of snow today, and I'm walking through it all to get back and forth from classes....not so fun.

Spring is coming soon....right????

Aurora, huh? I'm in Downers Grove man, that's a stones throw! Yeah, nice snowfall today. I just got around to shoveling at like 9:30 tonight, easy shovel it was all powder!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I'm up at watertown ny. It gets pretty fucking cold up here. Actually when ever i go back home to Maryland [I <3 the south] I can walk around in 30 degree weather and feel fine. Hell I can't walk around with a jacket or hoodie on with out breaking out sweating. :troll:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Old Man Winter strikes back! Just when I was mocking him the other day for delivering a measly inch of snow, he fights back overnight! I don't know exactly how much snow we got, but it was enough to partially bury the front of my house. I practically slid all the way to school thanks to the awesome power of the Mazda 3! S'okay though, I called in sick to work today so I could finally get a little break. I have an exam tomorrow so I have to study tonight. And by study, I mean lay on the couch and watch kung fu movies in my underpants. Peace to all!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Winter is fighting back here... but feebly. My college closed down 15 minutes after classes began, but I got extra credit for actually showing up. All hail Winter!

Top Bottom