Couple of questions: Berserk Timeline Information

Firstly, about the timeline. I noticed you gathered a lot of information regarding the events which occured before the golden age. My question is when are they told during the manga?
For example, Godot exiled after forging the Dragon Slayer, or the years and order God Hand members were created.
I know that when the gang rescued Griffith from that tower the princess told them some history, but is that all the information there is, or am I missing something?

And another question. Remember when Griffith was rescued and he had that helmet on his head? When Guts and Judo removed it they were terrified and put it right back on. Were we ever told what did they see?

Thank you for answering.
I just finished reading volume 33 if it matters :ubik:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
uricool2 said:
Firstly, about the timeline. I noticed you gathered a lot of information regarding the events which occured before the golden age. My question is when are they told during the manga?
What we know are relative dates. We know how old Guts is, we know roughly how old Griffith is, and from that baseline we can relate several other events. Such as the 1,000 years ago cataclysm, and the births of each God Hand member. As for the order of the GH, as you can see in the timeline, there is a (?) next to each name, since we're simply assuming the order. No hint has ever been given as to their actual order.

I know that when the gang rescued Griffith from that tower the princess told them some history, but is that all the information there is, or am I missing something?
There are several pieces of dialogue in Berserk that reference how long ago such and such event was. You just have to look for them. Miura doesn't usually make history a focus, so it's often easy to overlook little tidbits of information about the past.

And another question. Remember when Griffith was rescued and he had that helmet on his head? When Guts and Judo removed it they were terrified and put it right back on. Were we ever told what did they see?
We're never shown the full extent of the damage, but it's clear that his face was scarred. Guts and Judo's reaction is because Griffith was once beautiful, but was disfigured beyond repair -- all hope of him returning to his former glory was gone.

uricool2 said:
For example, Godot exiled after forging the Dragon Slayer.

I believe this is explained point blank by Godot in volume 14 when Rickert first stumbles upon the Dragon Slayer in Godot's shed.

EDIT: Clarification, the event was established, but not the date it happened.

Top Bottom