Current Episodes

Heheh, wow, Inoue's probably going through rough times. Look at those 296 sketches, they're kinda scary.

vole.gif

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vagae.html said:
I feel that the continued use of my schedule book since last year has been a great succes. This may sound a bit abstract, but when I step back and take a look at myself, it has helped keep me honest, given me courage, rebuked me and made me laugh.
I see... that's why everybody carries a schedule book. I've learned something good. I'll continue it even longer.
Oh, it's already April!

And 296 is already on the internet.
Kojiro kind of does the same thing Musashi did in his fight with the Yagyu, and looks pretty cool. How can anyone ever hate the guy? :griffnotevil: And Musashi's looking pretty ominous on that single page...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Eluvei said:
Heheh, wow, Inoue's probably going through rough times. Look at those 296 sketches, they're kinda scary.

They are pretty frightening, though I could never get into day planners. =)

Eluvei said:
Kojiro kind of does the same thing Musashi did in his fight with the Yagyu, and looks pretty cool. How can anyone ever hate the guy? :griffnotevil: And Musashi's looking pretty ominous on that single page...
Women want him, men want to kill him. :ganishka:

Looks like he's instantly become Mr. Popular though.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Kojiro sure got the attention of everyone there! I bet they'll cease once they know who he is.

294 is out:
Seems Musashi is still looking for what Yagyu had and doesn't want to become what his father was. Marriage was brought in question,but he refused it. At least he got told he was a kind person to make him realize he wans't lost and that he can still go on with himself. At least that's what I think it meant.

Had to double post since 295 is out and I"m in a hurry to go. Check it out people.

Griffith

292 has finally surfaced, and translated too. Very interesting episode, and of course it changes the context of the surrounding episodes/events.

Update: 296 has been translated as well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. The heat is on for the Miura/Inoue race! :carcus:

Seriously, it's been too long for me. I can't even really remember what happened most recently in Vagabond.

Griffith

Good to see Vagabond back in business, preview sketches are up and all:

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

vol.gif

297a.gif

297b.gif

Was able to take quality time to work face , while entering into this chapter to catch a certain response . The haste with真理Nari . Takehiko Inoue 2010.07.08

New Berserk and Vagabond in the same week? Now that's a nice birthday present!

Here's the official english translation of 297's comment:

I was able to spend some quality time with my work, and I've been able to grab hold of something solid and am using that to head into the next chapter. I'm thinking that I should take the safe long way around when I'm in a hurry.

Griff, your sig told me 298 is coming out! And happy birthday! :badbone:

vol.gif

298a.gif

298b.gif

Not good clean up. Really not good.

Griffith

vol.gif

no_drafta.gif

no_draftb.gif

Google Translate said:
Found a state of mind when getting to the name change.
Name but did not like much work, excitement is back - I'm newly out of the shadow towards.

Well, this week she's up so late is a no name.

Takehiko Inoue

Exciting preview drafts, huh? :slan:

Anyway, 297 and 298 are out there for those with the nose to find them. Things have taken an interesting turn focusing on Kojiro... and a new character.

Griffith

300 baby! :guts:

vol.gif

300a.gif

300b.gif

Google Translate said:
It is said that 300 times in this series. How much did it!
Na long.
The jump did 20 years ago but "Kamereonjeiru" comics that 12
The question asked was discontinued, will draw you in that world because it is 300 times
Itself can not really appreciate. Is that I got a chance to do so.
Really thank you for reading this far.
With a plan in the preface that the 300 plus holiday cover.
Holidays And while what I do with my own health a little slump for a while now
Or rather, because there are funny places, bon appétit thing about them that has been inspected.
If there is nothing to be clean, properly cured and would have rather been in there
I'll. Make sure to get your body clean and manga ~.

Takehiko Inoue

Well, that's interesting. 300 episodes, and although it appears to be continuing with Kojiro, I hope Inoue manages to work some Musashi in there for the occasion.

As for the contents 299, all I have to say is: WTF? These episodes are very strange without the context provided by a translation (and I suspect they might be strange anyway).

Griffith said:
Well, that's interesting. 300 episodes, and although it appears to be continuing with Kojiro, I hope Inoue manages to work some Musashi in there for the occasion.

I hope so too! Been a few months since we've seen the guy in action.

Griffith said:
As for the contents 299, all I have to say is: WTF? These episodes are very strange without the context provided by a translation (and I suspect they might be strange anyway).

Yeah, I have to admit that I laughed pretty hard at the end of the episode. I mean, what the hell was all that?!

Translation's up for 300's comment:

This is chapter #300. Has it really been that long?
Really... really long...
But almost 20 years ago, I finished Chamelon Jail in Jump after 12 chapters without any fanfare. In such an environment, i'm grateful to have been able to draw something for 300 chapters. I was given the chance... Thank you for staying with me all the way.

It's the milestone 300th chapter, and we're planning to have a cover and promotion for it. And another reward (or so I'm calling it), is that my bady has been feeling a bit off lately, and I'm going to have it checked out. If nothing turns up, I'll feel better, but if something does, then I'll probably need heal it. I will try to provide more manga with a
healthy body...

And unfortunately...

Google Translate said:
We had planned on, do not do anything about health is restored, you will be rested.
Who had been looking forward to apologize.
Some of the symptoms this time what I had myself a little anxious, I went to get a proper inspection. It is now awaiting the results

He's on a break until he heals. Get better soon Inoue!

So, Miura wins the race? :ganishka:

Griffith

What really got me to do a double take was the Vagabond banner minus an episode number in that update. Like it was over.

I hope Inoue isn't looking down the barrel of something potentially serious with these tests.

Griffith said:
What really got me to do a double take was the Vagabond banner minus an episode number in that update. Like it was over.

Yeah, it scared me too for a second there.

Griffith said:
I hope Inoue isn't looking down the barrel of something potentially serious with these tests.

It doesn't sound as scary on the official translation:

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vagae.html said:
I had been planning a chapter for this week, but I haven' been able to get healthy so I've been forced to take it off. I apologize to those of you waiting for it.
I suspect that it might be one of several different ailments, so I've gone to get it checked out.
I'm waiting for the results now.

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Griffith

Eluvei said:
Yeah, it scared me too for a second there.

It doesn't sound as scary on the official translation:

Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Whew, well that was a case of a poor translation being rather dire. :ganishka:

BTW, episode 300 had a really neat segment at the beginning recapping the story with a series of cartoonish inkings. Rest of the episode was just a follow up to the last, nothing special for occasion. Too bad Musashi wasn't the focus.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
297 and 98 were ok, and that horse was taking the episode, until Kojiro showed up. 299 and 300 were so-so. I am going to guess is more Kojiro talk and what the heck is he doing there and what is he role going to be. Nothing much to add for now until a translation is available.

Griffith

Back already? It's like it never left. :ganishka: Also, thanks for the head's up, Incantation. :guts:

Btw, HOLY SHIT:

301.jpg

301a.jpg

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
No kidding! The art seems even better too. More yoshioka after Musashi. Matahachi is in a few panels as well, along with Otsu and jotaro. The acabe that gas me cracking up was the one with musashi being helped by jubei to smile .

Edit: liked this pic too

musas.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I really enjoyed the chapter. The metaphor used to describe Musashi's predicament was well done, like the old Inoue we used to know :sad: But by the end it felt to me like he was trying to cover too much material, and characters, for it to feel like a natural flowing chapter. Perhaps that was due to Inoue still getting used to this new chapter length.

I also think, as usual, that I'm going to hold out on reading more, and wait for the full volumes to be released. I enjoy Vagabond more when I'm able to digest it per volume.

Still, it's great to know that the series is back!

When I saw the first few pages, I literally went berserk with a fat smile on my face. The art was impeccable, the angles were both new and some moments are captured perfectly in the sense of one flow from panel to panel. At the same time, I too felt it was a BIT rushed with less of Musashi spending time introspecting and being in his thoughts, unlike the old pace. Reminded me a bit of how Real was paced, tiny bit. Art's a big improvement from the Kojiro panels in the past few episodes, you guys reckon he'll improve those frames before they're released in a volume? This calls for a Vaga~re~read starting this weekend, YES! *finds any excuse to re-read the series*

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I also think, as usual, that I'm going to hold out on reading more, and wait for the full volumes to be released. I enjoy Vagabond more when I'm able to digest it per volume.

Same here! I haven't read the latest chapter yet (I'm not even sure where to find it, outside of subscribing to the magazine Vagabond is published in), but I think I'm going to hold off on searching for it or subscribing to the mag and wait for Viz's volume to be released.

I think I've settled into a stable orbit around a one issue a month pace. In other news, there's a new logo starting with this issue. Since this is the third generation logo, I left a lot of white space on the front page for it to stand out, but a lot of large letters got added around it so it is a bit buried. I... I was in tears.

INOUE TAKEHIKO
17 April 2012

302a.gif

302b.gif

Just read the new episode and it has some really good moments I didn't expect like him bunching his hair up before ploughing the field or breaking into a smile towards the end like the previous episode. The one thing I missed seeing throughout the episode was his (vertical) scar from the epic Yoshioka fight. Thoughts on the new logo?

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
It was a pretty good episode. As soon as the kid appeared with the sword it reminded me of Musashi when he tried to kill his father. I wonder if he's going to stay longer with Iori and teach him some new things to live on his own.

Griffith

This episode sort of hit me strangely, catching me off guard and pleasantly surprising me, because it's both something I hoped for but at this point wasn't expecting and had kind of given up on. I figured Iori was out of the equation long ago, and I wonder just how much of a role he'll play, and how much the story is going to revolve around farmer Musashi; I thought Inoue was going to punt on that too, especially after previously addressing it in a montage during Matahachi's yarns. Furthermore, it gives me hope that we'll still see him face off against Gon and, most of all, that Inoue will indeed redeem Musashi (perhaps in Inoue's own eyes) by having him discover the sword which protects life if Inoue adapts the "Seven Samurai" portion of the novel. That would be awesome, and a great way for Musashi to get his groove back.

Fun episode ... some panels looked weird like on the bottom of 6 or 28, but 26 + 27 are beautifully expressed. I'll post more later.

Top Bottom