Dark Horse Releases

Good that they fixed it. When I first read Berserk I was a bit confused about a character in a Europe-inspired setting having an obviously Japanese name.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
https://i.redd.it/vi8mryp2js211.jpg

In recent reprints, Dark Horse has changed its translation of the Sovereign of the Flower Storm from "Hanafubuku King" to "Flower Storm Monarch." Good on them for correcting that half-translated mess.

Wow. I'm impressed they cared enough to do that. Good for them.

Walter said:
https://i.redd.it/vi8mryp2js211.jpg

In recent reprints, Dark Horse has changed its translation of the Sovereign of the Flower Storm from "Hanafubuku King" to "Flower Storm Monarch." Good on them for correcting that half-translated mess.

Ohhh, just in time for me to have gotten the previous translation :judo:

Stoked as hell. This book has some of my favorite content and by far one of my favorite covers in the series.

I just love how ghostly and ethereal it looks.

Does Dark Horse Comics edition have color posters from the very first volume or they've started adding it later? I have only volume 34 and 35 from DHC and both of them have color poster before first page. I've bought Polish ( my native language ) edition ( 22 volumes in total ) lately and the first and only color poster is in volume 22 ( newest one in Poland ). I'm wondering how that works in DHC edition.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Does Dark Horse Comics edition have color posters from the very first volume or they've started adding it later? I have only volume 34 and 35 from DHC and both of them have color poster before first page. I've bought Polish ( my native language ) edition ( 22 volumes in total ) lately and the first and only color poster is in volume 22 ( newest one in Poland ). I'm wondering how that works in DHC edition.

The color poster inserts didn't begin until Volume 22, both in the Japanese editions and in Dark Horse's editions.

5TOFlZU.jpg

Dark Horse will release volume 41 in November 2022. November 9 for Comic Store and November 22 for bookstore.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they're ditching the border around the volume cover this time? Interesting. Also, they've changed their original release from Summer to November.

Dark Horse blog post:
After 30-plus years and more than 3.5 million copies sold, Kentaro Miura’s work on the beloved horror-fantasy manga comes to an end with Berserk Volume 41. Dark Horse Manga presents this final volume by Miura-sensei in English for the first time in trade paperback with a two-sided color poster insert.

Though released from the prison of her mind, Casca cannot escape reminders of the terrors she has experienced. And nothing triggers these harrowing memories more than Guts the Black Swordsman, who faced those same horrors in his relentless quest to see Casca healed. But could the reappearance of a strange, mute boy be the key to bringing peace to Casca’s troubled soul?

“It is with great pride that Dark Horse will release Miura-sensei’s last installment of his masterpiece, Berserk. His creativity and incredible storytelling are unmatched. And to be able to release his final work to his fans is an honor that cannot be understated,” said Mike Richardson, President and founder of Dark Horse Comics.
Pre-order links:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Rightstuf

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
Damn. I was really hoping for a summer release. Well, at least it's coming out a few days after my birthday for a late birthday present.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My copy arrived today. The first thing I noticed was the intentional changing of "Molda" and "Danan" to "Morda" and "Danann," respectively, in the character summaries at the beginning of the volume. I recently reread the series, using only the Dark Horse editions, and I don't recall seeing anything like that in earlier volumes. Aside from a printing error where one of the character descriptions was given to the wrong character (I believe it was Roderick's description given to Rickert), the names were always kept the same as their Japanese counterparts. Pretty rotten, if you ask me, especially considering this is the final volume Miura worked on.

Edit: I just checked Vol. 40's character summaries, and Danan's name is spelled correctly. Bizarre, but par for the course with DH.

Got my copy a few days ago. The poster was glued in on both ends so I ended up tearing it while trying to unfold it... There was also a page just covered in like, shredded paper? The page wasn't ripped but it's like the trimmings from the cutting process somehow got caught in the book. Left some bad indents one the surrounding pages. Needless to say it was certified Dark Horse quality.

One curiosity was that the back cover blurb very much treats it like Berserk is definitively over, calling this volume a "curtain call". Gotta wonder if that's out of respect or if it was written before the continuation was announced. Still very curious what they're gonna do about Deluxe volume 14.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
One curiosity was that the back cover blurb very much treats it like Berserk is definitively over, calling this volume a "curtain call". Gotta wonder if that's out of respect or if it was written before the continuation was announced. Still very curious what they're gonna do about Deluxe volume 14.

I noticed that, as well. I wonder if Dark Horse is going to call the continuation something else to distinguish it from Berserk? My gut says no, but my heart says yes. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
My copy arrived today. The first thing I noticed was the intentional changing of "Molda" and "Danan" to "Morda" and "Danann,"
Got my copy a few days ago. The poster was glued in on both ends so I ended up tearing it while trying to unfold it... There was also a page just covered in like, shredded paper? The page wasn't ripped but it's like the trimmings from the cutting process somehow got caught in the book.

How fitting that Dark Horse would disappoint to the very end. Can't wait to see what they do next!

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
Wow y’all already have yours. Mine hasn’t even shipped yet. Pretty annoying considering that I preordered the damn thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom