Dark Horse's Digital Berserk Volumes on Sale: $4 each [Amazon]

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
For those interested, this is how I've been acquiring the whole series in digital over time, even though I already own it a few times over the Japanese + English volumes (+ a smattering of the official Japanese digital volumes). At $4 a pop, I buy 3-4 during each sale, which happens once every few months.

These are viewable on Comixology and Kindle, and I've found them to be very convenient.

It's how I read the series for the first time.

Prior to covid, I travelled a lot -- so I really appreciated it being available digitally. In my opinion, it works best on an e-reader like a Kindle Oasis. You need a larger screen to appreciate the detail; but it also makes it look like it was drawn on the screen due to how those type of e-readers handle displays. I found that to be a pleasant experience than reading it on my Fire Tablet, for example.

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
Has Comixology even been fixed? That app became a complete trash heap several months ago, and I've never heard anything about them fixing it. That being said, that is a pretty good deal, but I hate these digital book rental services (and yes, rental since you don't actually own the book you bought) and vowed to never use them again. Please buy PHYSICAL copies of Berserk people!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Has Comixology even been fixed?
Comixology was absorbed by Amazon a year or so ago. So when you read a book that was previously on Comixology, it's now on the Kindle App. There was a brief time after that transition when the app wasn't responding well to two-page spreads (it only showed one page at a time -- bad for Berserk!) but that's been resolved.

Please buy PHYSICAL copies of Berserk people!
I mean, I do that too. But having Berserk available digitally is super handy though.

Top Bottom